Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

biggreen96
Third Gear

Re: Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Post by biggreen96 »

Car is still alive. I'm very bummed out because the wild west rally was cancelled. It's was only going to be 45mins from my house. So the next race is Mt. Hood. Then Big White winter rally in december.

I imagine people have seen the Idaho Rally vids in the pics and videos forum but I put a link here too.
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47354

I have plans for an oil cooler, I have the sandwich adapter but am still looking for a cooler and fittings to use. I have plans to paint it too, I'm not telling what color though.

And I have been DD'ing it for the last two weeks because my turbo wagon is spewing oil from the front and I'm halfway through a friends motor and trans swap. 97 Impreza 2.2 into his 89 GL wagon. And I only have so much garage space.

While DD'ing a rally car can be rad, I'm getting sick of the noise, I can't take more than 1 girl home from the bars, and I miss having my wagons engine warmed and ready to blast off in the morning with the remote start.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I hate it when I can ONLY take one girl home from the bar...:roll: lol
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Hehe, a friend, completely oblivious to the cage and battery in the back seat, opened the rear passenger door and started to sit. She would have sat right on top of the battery if I hadn't said anything.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I took the partying down a few notches to nearly zero. I just like to chill now. So don't have to worry about having people in my car except my lovely gf and occasionally when my friend's and I go shooting one or two will ride with me and load the trunk up with guns. :)
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

Any updates on this bad mo fo? Is it still out thrashing gravel roads? how did you do if you went to the rallies you wanted?

Doesn't running the 3.3 put you into open class since its an over head cam over 3.0L? Probably wicked fun anyway.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

yes I have an update! After 4 years of dicking around I built another one!
The white one rolled at the Mount Hood Rally of 2011.
I bought a Red 93 a year later at Hood Rally 12, from Mike D.
Took my sweet fucking time building this one.
Finished it in May 2015 and then raced the Idaho Rally in June.
Too bad the headgasket blew at the rally...
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I just got it back on the road after taking my sweet ass time again fixing the heads and some other little repairs.
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

Sweet. Nice license plate! To bad about the head gaskets. Did you at least get to finish? I didn't know that was a problem on the 6 cylinders too...

I like the hood vents, a bit more subtle then mine!

I don't see a class sticker on your car so your in open then?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Awesome! I've seen a 1st gen eg33 swapped car at either Oregon Trail or Olympus in the last few years, the thing was sick. Hope someday you'll come over for one of those rallies.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

Yeah that's the Binczewski brothers. Idk if they are on this site. They have come a long ways since their debut at Idaho rally in 2013. They showed up totally unsponsored with their car and with no crew, tools, or spares and ran out of gas near the end of the rally. Now they kick ass! And super nice guys to boot.

They race an STI now, I believe they rolled the legacy
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Yeah those guys are nice, I remember helping them out at that Idaho 13' when I was there hanging out. I glad they kept the EG33 swapped legacy theme going while I was away hehe.
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

Really? I was crewing up there for that rally! And ended up lending a hand to them as well. I cant remember but i believe they were having over heating issues. You and I have probably met and didn't even know.

The 33 swap sounds like a blast, I might attempt one for fun one day. I got to drive Paul Eklunds 3.6 Tribeca swapped impreza and that thing even stock is pure beast! Funny story, when I first hopped in he/I didn't realize two coil bolts had backed out and the coils were just hanging there. running on 4 cylinders was alright but 6 was better;)
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I'd love to get a newer H6, there is just no room for the huge Eg33. Cooling is an issue for sure. I almost want to get wild and do a rear mounted radiator, but that is a big no turning back project.
Aki
First Gear

Post by Aki »

Nice build(s) man!

You make me think terrible, wonderful thoughts about this clean, blown transmission 92 LS-L that I was just planning on manual swapping and dd'ing...
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Do it!

biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Small update. We raced Rally Idaho, had some issues but got to the finish which is better than last year getting the DNF. Had my good friend Charlie co-drive for me, he was with me at our first rally ever Olympus. Again we meshed well with the notes right away but on the 4th stage we got a flat(was using a rally tire that had an innertube because the bead was torn, wouldn't hold air otherwise but the tube spun and severed the stem and went flat).
Since the spare was shitty and bald and a hard compound versus the other soft on the front, it drove shitty. Wanted to rotate under braking. Confidence shot so we slowed down.
Next day brakes are kinda funny, So at first service I discover my driver front wheel bearing is done. Pushing the pistons back in, making my pedal longer. It's Loose when it's in the air with hands 12 and 6. Ugh no spare hub. So I tighten it down til it's less shitty and head off. Confidence more shot, we still go but it's less fun when you are worried about your wheel falling off.
Very last stage, SUPER tight and twisty. The sweep guys with long trucks were having a tricky time making corners. We used 3rd gear maybe twice. AGAIN a mechanical! Under hard almost full lock low speed turns I got a gnarly popping, but I held it steady since we were almost to the end of the rally. Got to the finish and Charlie had packed a couple beers in the glove box so we hung out and congratulated the others that came in after us.

Finishing a rally feels like getting away with something you shouldn't have.

Turns out we smoked a front axle on the last stage, ripped the boot and packed it with sand. On the DD I'd just inspect, and replace the boot. After the beating that axle took I just chucked it in the recycler.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

[quote="biggreen96"
Finishing a rally feels like getting away with something you shouldn't have.
[/quote]
Awesome!
Let me know if you're ever planning on running Olympus again. I'd happily crew for you.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

beatersubi wrote: Let me know if you're ever planning on running Olympus again. I'd happily crew for you.
Me too!
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Thanks guys! Doo Wop rally is happening in September, and it's in the Olympus area. I might check that one out and I'll let you know!