Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legacymax
Second Gear

Re: Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Post by legacymax »

I plan on it as i have heard great things about Idaho Rally. The car has a Custom Cages kit that needs some work to be legal and i am in school so nothing will happen till after I graduate in Dec.
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
csweston
In Neutral

Post by csweston »

Just read through the whole thread and WOW! This is coming along great!
97 Legacy Outback, Soon looking to buy Legacy SS (Rallyx car)
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Thanks! I have done a bit more , I really need to get more photos for you guys. It's an absolute blast to drive too:)
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
csweston
In Neutral

Post by csweston »

I bet! It seems like you have it under control but if you ever need a hand and your in Moscow im always more than willing to help.

Then again i may just slow things down :mrgreen: :roll:
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I work downtown at Hodgins Drug near friendship square, so I'm over there almost everyday. I'll be driving it around occasionally once I get the 3 other mudlfaps on and SNOW TIRES. Wow we got hammed last night eh?
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
csweston
In Neutral

Post by csweston »

Shh dont tell :roll:

Hopefully ill see you around and see this beast in person.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Lol. With snow! Hammered with snow!
csweston
In Neutral

Post by csweston »

haha, Well that too i suppose. At first it was nice to have snow. After a week strait of it I started to get sick of it all.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Ok so I got the mudflaps on and drove it around today. It's much more civilized with a magnaflow on it now.
It's mostly straight through as you can see, so power isn't hurt much I suppose.
And then I have the cat right there at the end, it keeps it away from damage and the officials can easily tell I have one installed.

I went to O'Reillys/Schucks auto parts and bought one huge truck mud flap for 19.95 and with some aluminum L brackets and rivets I got all 4 the flaps on and had flap material to spare.
Made right here in Moscow, ID. (well Pullman, WA - 8 miles away but I claim Idaho)

The car is nearly ready to rock.

A friend took a vid when I took it out to PGP kart track day near Seattle. It's very easy to get this thing sideways with the STi trans and a flat 6. Shitty tires help too. This is the first time I had really driven the car. It's still on the blown struts and terrible all-seasons it came with when I bought it for 500 dollars. The vid is on the Rad Racing Team facebook page, hope fully this link works, otherwise just search FB for Rad Racing Team. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rad-Racin ... 0587302164

But soon the blown struts will be replaced with these custom made strut bodies that are holding rally valved bilstien inserts. Made by a guy named John VanLandingham in Seattle. Inexpensive, as far as rally suspension goes, and serviceable by me. I'm waiting on the rear springs and then I will install them.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Nice work! Does the cat get hot enough to work all the way back there? Or does it merely need to be present?
John does great work for even better prices. JVABs are the bee's knees when it comes to rally suspension. I've been buying Cosworth bits from him for my Merkur from him for a while now.
What, not proud to call yourself a true progressive Washingtonian? Y'know, we're all Seattlites, after all. :lol: :roll:
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Idaho is just too awesome to let go of!

Yeah the cat just needs to be present.

John is great, he let me do a payment plan which helped a lot in affording these. Likes to ramble, but dude knows his shit.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Dude when the heck were you at PGP?!? I would've totally driven down to watch you! My buddies drift there, and this season, i will be too hopefully. What kind of a track day was it? Not drift obviously. How much was it to enter? Drift is usually $100 there. Nice job on the legacy as always!
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Love the dashboard too. Is that flecking, or swayed?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I was at PGP feb 13th. It was a "lap attack". All the grip racers were out going for fast times. I was all about the sliding as you can tell lol. Cost was about 100, I'm for sure going to try and get out there again someday it was fun as hell. I'll let you know if I head out there again.

And yeah suede is too expensive, so I ordered a flocking kit and did it myself.

My thread about the dash on specialstage forum: http://www.specialstage.com/forums/show ... p?p=352499
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Nice, thanks for the link. I never planned on flocking it, but now i just might. That looks really good. How hard/much work is it to take the dash out? I wonder how it would look on my headliner, lol. How much was the kit?
Boy there was a lot of flocking jokes in that thread, haha.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

No Doo Wops this year, but are you going to be at Olympus? Several of us will be there as volunteer course workers, but if you needed any manpower, Friday night or Saturday night we could help.
csweston
In Neutral

Post by csweston »

Looking great, loved the video. I cant wait till i see this around town.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Thanks for the good words guys!

It's a bummer about doowops but yes I will be at Oly. Hopefully all goes well and will need no manpower! I want to shake the novice license asap but I have to finish the rallies to do that:) So I'm not going balls to the wall yet... But yeah if need help replacing some things if I goof and damage something board members will be my first call.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Saw this on CL tonight. Dont know what you have out back, but maybe this is of interest to you? http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/pts/2259115860.html

I'm not associated to this guy in any way, and i dont even know it this is a great deal. I just pictured your car with the white one, haha.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Ah yes I have been following this guy on the rally forums. He is the real deal. His prices are pretty real too. If I start somehow making 100k per year and competing for the national title I think I would upgrade to his stuff. For now my stock subframes are ok. I might just paint one bright green for the hell of it though!
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

That must be Steel Solutions. Great work, but spendy. I wonder about the necessity, too.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Look at it this way:
Entry for Rally Idaho is $800.

His subframe is about that much.

You can swing wide and kiss a dirt bank or curb, maybe bounce through a ditch without bending or breaking his stuff.
But on stock stuff, it's rally over. Or lead lost due to wacked alignment.

So either way you are out ~800 dollars. Much better to spend it on his kit instead of a rally you lost on the first tricky corner.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

love the build and love what you did to the tach. you said you hacked it all up but it looks clean to me. ill see if i captured you in the moment and post it also.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

The back side is hacked up though. But yea outwardly it looks just fine. Brooklyn was a badass stage. Scary at the end.
tdrrally
In Neutral

Post by tdrrally »

how's it going now?