Olympus rally '12

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Olympus rally '12

Post by beatersubi »

I just got home from Olympus rally and it was a blast! I crewed for #23 Lars Wolfe in his '99 impreza campaigning in open light class. Despite the team's hard work and Lars' impeccable driving we finished 4th in class after a flat half way through the 20mi. final stage on day two. We were leading going into the last stage, but thats racing.
The weather was nice, but too dry for spectator stages, unfortunately. The only spectator stage was the super special which was run at the Ridge Motorsports track, which was exciting to watch.
Aside from the usual mass of Subarus and Mitsubishis, here are few of the more interesting cars participating:
I saw and was able to chat briefly with Mike Tracy and John (klienkid) and saw at least two other turbo Legacys. If you weren't able to make it this year, I highly recommend trying to get to next year's. There is always plenty to do and see, and a good time was had by all.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Olympus rally '12

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice pics!

My brother has an older 323 GTX. It a pretty cool car....but it needs some help with the electrical to get it running properly.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Legacy777 wrote:Nice pics!

My brother has an older 323 GTX. It a pretty cool car....but it needs some help with the electrical to get it running properly.
What a coincidence. My brother had one too. We rallycrossed it until the rear damper were blown, then he sold it :o . Replacement parts for those are rarer that rocking horse droppings. I overheard the owner of a street version ask one of the GTX team members if they had any spare transmissions. The reply was "Yes, they're not for sale at any price."
Its the one in this pic. My brother reports that its the nicest one it the country. I believe it, car was immaculate.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, and that's my brother's issue too....finding parts. He bought a used one from a mazda tech that was beat, turbo went....and he ended up replacing the motor....and the car hasn't been right.

When he was looking at buying one....there was one in GA that was already modded and was listed for about $6k. He would have been so much ahead of things if he would have bought that one. Live and learn I guess.

If I had more room, I would tell him to put it on a car carrier and send it to me in Houston....I'd work on it in my spare time. I like solving electrical issues....they're good brain teasers...haha :lol:
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
beaconhillkilla
First Gear

Post by beaconhillkilla »

I was there too! I was working the start of the longest stage (it had a funny name, I can't spell it for the life of me)
1992 Legacy SS - Auto to 5MT swap and too much of my free time.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

beaconhillkilla wrote:I was there too! I was working the start of the longest stage (it had a funny name, I can't spell it for the life of me)
I probably saw your car, if it was there.