BC/BF STi parts

Collection of technical archives from the BC-BF LegacyWorks Yahoo! group.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Dave C

BC/BF STi parts

Post by Dave C »

What you think is the flywheel is not a flywheel in the strictest
sense, its only function is to allow the starter motor to turn the
engine. It does nothing else that's important to the operation of
the car.

Dave
Douglas Hancock

BC/BF STi parts

Post by Douglas Hancock »

Well it does do a lot to the cars performance. Not in the power sense but in smoothness. If you had no flywheel at all the engine would not pull up a hill as fast as one with. Also your engine will decelarate alot quiker then one with a flywheel. The factory puts one there to make the car feel a hole lot smoother. The flywheel also keeps the momentum of the engine speed when travlling up hills. If you did'nt have a flywheel at all the car would be a dog. Sure build a engine that does not require a flywheel, eg race trim. Which has a flywheel anyway.
Josh Colombo

Torque converter......

Post by Josh Colombo »

I think in most cases a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, it's definitely the case. If you take a look at the scan from the factory service manual, you will see the layout of the torque converter and such.

When you remove the little plastic plug on the top of the bell housing, you see what looks like the flyweel or something. That is the engine side of the torque converter, drive plate. On this drive plate where it bolts down on the edges is where the gear for the starter is. The torque converter acts as a flywheel for autos.

Josh
vanessa Brown

BC/BF STi parts

Post by vanessa Brown »

I do NOT want any more e-maills. Thank you.
ciper_

BC/BF STi parts

Post by ciper_ »

You do realize that at the bottom of the messages is instructions on how to unsubscribe....

To unsubscribe from this group, please send an email to:
BC-BFLegacyWorks-unsubscribe@egroups.com
Bussaca@fast.net

BC/BF STi parts

Post by Bussaca@fast.net »

WOW i didn't know my message was that bad.. it scared people off the list.. i know
now to keep my stupid questions to myself..

Love you too venesa

David C
Josh Colombo

BC/BF STi parts

Post by Josh Colombo »

Vanessa,

As ciper pointed out, the info to unsubscribe is at the bottom of the list. I will change your personal settings for the group to not receive individual emails. You will still be a member of the group, and can access the posts through the web, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BC-BFLegacyWorks

If you would like to be unsubscribed to the group, you can go to the site above, or send an email to the unsubscribe email address.

Josh (Moderator)