Gary's hesitation fix?

Collection of technical archives from the BC-BF LegacyWorks Yahoo! group.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Z1Auto@aol.com

Gary's hesitation fix?

Post by Z1Auto@aol.com »

Anyone use this with any success on theri turbo? I ask only becuase I find the knock sensor on this car to be very fickle and oversensitive. I intermitantly get a loss in power between around 2500 and 40000, then its fine afterwards...have yet to fit the fuel pump and FCD yet...maybe tofay? who knows, we are still terying to get my Z done for E Town this weekend, but I still need to buy a new laptop to finish the programming..my old one doesn''t cut it (the real time displays and datalogging sample rates are too slow). I just don't feel like risking it on E Bay....

Adam
Josh Colombo

Gary's hesitation fix?

Post by Josh Colombo »

I've used it......I didn't care for it. It's hard to say exactly what it did, it just felt more mellow. I know with some of the hesitation, that the car takes off like a bat after that rpm range. With his electrical mod in there, it just sorta seemed to not have that pickup. Now I don't know if it's because i was used to the way the car drove.....I don't know.

I butchered up the knock sensor in the process, and was connecting and disconnecting the ground for testing purposes. At that time I ended up getting some CEL's for the knock sensor. You wanna talk about no power....it was like driving a geo.

So I got the updated knock sensor, and it seemed better. I have since then added a fiber washer....to try and muffle some of the vibrations.....I don't know how well it is working.

The other thing I am experiencing is some hesitation....similar rpm range. I had added a torque 2 chip, and did some talking with a buddy who has a proecm chip. He said, it was explained to him that the chip allows the ECU to further advance the timing to get more power (very basic explanation of one of the chip's functions). In doing this, the ECU may retard timing if it advances too much and gets knock, so he said it was advisable to run premium gas.

How it was explained makes sense to me. I just filled up yesterday with premium. So it's a little too soon to see any major improvements, but it does make sense.

Adam, I'll look tonight and see if I still have Gary's electronic fix laying around.

Josh
Josh Colombo

Gary's hesitation fix?

Post by Josh Colombo »

Hey Adam,

I was unable to find that little thing. I'll keep my eyes open, if so I'll let ya know.

Josh
Douglas Hancock

Gary's hesitation fix?

Post by Douglas Hancock »

Put a piece of rubber between the block an sensor and rest the computer