Eg33 swap

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Sinix3
In Neutral

Eg33 swap

Post by Sinix3 »

As title says im currently working on a 33 swap. Iv gone through all the forums and jesserkers build. ( probably spelt his name wrong) my current issue is wiring. Iv got the harness broken down to just ecu and engine plugs. All thats left to figure out is 5 or 6 wires thay come out of the engine plugs. Ill have to get the pins once im off wrk but i know two are pins 12 and 13 on the round 16 pin connector ( i think) ones a yellow with black and the other is yellow with green. The other few look like they go to the fuel pump relay and to the main relay. I tried to message jesserker but i dont know if hes still around. If anyone has done this and is willing to chat with me to helo figure out the last little bit that would be awesome. Thanks guys
91 legacy wagon 22 na
93 legacy wagon eg33 swap under way
turbo wagon
First Gear

Re: Eg33 swap

Post by turbo wagon »

I stuck a EG33 into a vanagon. here is a link to the ecu plug pin outs.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewt ... a954efcaa8
93 legacy wagon 5speed -Ej22t swap
92 SVX
86 vanagon with an SVX swap
01 outback the lactation-station-wagon
Sinix3
In Neutral

Post by Sinix3 »

I have that part all figured out. My main issue is i have 2 wires ones off the fuel pump relay ones off the main relay. Im faiirly confident they are power wires but im not 100% sure. Other than that im trying to figure out pins 12 and 13 which are yellow with green and yellow with black. I cant remember the connector but its the larger round bulk head plug that goes to tge engine harness. None of my pin outs have them listed. Aside from that i just need to figyre out which wires are ignition power and which are constant power but thats easy lol. Thank you for the link though i will be using some of that.
91 legacy wagon 22 na
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

If you can tell us the Legacy connector numbers I can help you figure out what the wires are.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Sinix3
In Neutral

Post by Sinix3 »

long time since iv made any progress but back at it. the two wires im struggling with are on the eg33 harness side. i have figured out what is constant 12v which is key on 12 and grounds, vss and all that is figured out nits just two wires from the engine plugs that i have labled as main relay and fuel pump relay. thinking on it being as they go towards the engine im assuming they are power feeds for various things. going to keep plugging away at it. next will just be stripping down the legacy the engine is going into. tons of fun ahead and even more once its running. eventually i will do a build thread. maybe
91 legacy wagon 22 na