94 window switch- auto down --no auto up? 94 thang?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

HomeSlice
Third Gear

94 window switch- auto down --no auto up? 94 thang?

Post by HomeSlice »

some was asking me for parts and he told me the 94 does not have auto up driver side window. it just auto down. is it true or he has a bad switch?
thanks,
Jim
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Is he in North America? Cuz in some other markets, 94 Legacies were BD/BG chassis which only had auto-down...

I'm pretty sure all 94 US-model Legacies have auto up and down both.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I drove a very strange Aegean Blue (I think) '94 turbo sedan that didn't have the auto up. I remember that and figured it was either a stupid safety feature enacted after mine was built or a bad switch. The auto up is very useful at tolls. I always like to pretend I'm leaving the pits before they had all those speed limits.

For those who may be interested: The turbo was a 5MT with an AWIC, but smoked a lot of white on start up and was barely quicker than my N/A wagon. It had SOHC, so I believe it wasn't a grey market NZ car. The brakes were also shot and the interior and body needed a little work and the guy wouldn't talk down from $5500. Oh well, it gives me the excuse to turbo mine.

It's a 1990 Subaru Legacy turbo wagon, the car I always wanted and now it's mine. I rule!

At some point anyway...

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Dave G
First Gear

Post by Dave G »

Gotta be a safety issue. My '94 Sport Sedan is auto down only. What car out there has auto-up?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

My 1990 has auto up and I believe the '93's do too, but I could be mistaken on that.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

Both the 91 I used to own, and the 92 I currently own have auto up.
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

another 90 with auto up an down, I don't understand why they stopped doing auto up, my mom's 98 altima only auto downs, so lame
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

90-93 Legacy's all have auto down and up, 94 to today have only auto down, don't ask me why :roll:

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

its so your car doesnt decapitate your dog when he stands on the button. Same reason only the driver window has auto button.

ITS THE LAW
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

If people get any more afraid of things they're going to have to kill themselves just to save them from the stress that will surely kill them. Isn't it Darwinism if someone gets caught in one of these things. I know I haven't noticed any shortage of people, I say let 'em go. We don't have the time or resources to mess around with a few idiots. Our doors are frameless, too so aside from hitting the button to lower the window (if for some really strange reason you were hanging out there anyway) you could just open the door. Please, Mr. Congressman, protect us from ourselves!

Hissss... Ah, much better.

Steve
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Most new BMW's now have auto up as well. I've got it on my '93 and I love it. Most people are stoked when they see me let go of the button after paying a bridge toll:D. It's wierd that the '94's wouldn't have the auto up. :?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

thanks guys! i think if u put a 90-93 master switch in a 94 u would have auto up and down correct?>
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

actually german cars have both....on both front windows. Audis & VW's have auto up and down. It's sweet!!

I agree.....let darwinism kick in and thin things out. I am fully for safety and all that, but there's some point where there's being safe and going way overboard in terms of protecting us from ourself.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

homeslice wrote:i think if u put a 90-93 master switch in a 94 u would have auto up and down correct?>
I don't have a wiring diagram for a 1994, but I would expect that it would work. The auto-up and auto-down feature is built into the switch itself.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Dave G
First Gear

Darwinism

Post by Dave G »

I would like to reinforce what evolution movement said previously with the following, from an author unknown to me:
Every day some new do-gooder is trying to save us from ourselves. We have so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it
seems nearly impossible to have an accident. The problem is that we
need accidents, and lots of them. Danger is nature's way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety, stupid people die in accidents. Since the dead don't reproduce, our species becomes progressively more intelligent (or at least less stupid). With safety, however well-intentioned it may be, we are devolving into half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more imbeciles. Let's do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking. Jaywalk. Play with blasting caps. Swim right after a big meal. Stick something small in your ear. Take your choice of dangerous activity and do it with gusto. Future generations will thank you.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

^ LMAO. Seriously. I complain about the idiots ALL day long. Whether they're behind the wheel or standing in line at the supermarket.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I don't know if you guys are all readers, but it appears I have a lot of potential fans if a publisher ever picks up my book. 8)

Steve