Apexi TT was worth the 70 bucks.

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

biggreen96
Third Gear

Apexi TT was worth the 70 bucks.

Post by biggreen96 »

So yeah, I installed the Apexi timer in the the mach wagon this morning.
Had to drop off the rug doctor (amazing party, shoulda been here) but the store took forever and made me late to work. 8 miles, lots of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls I get to the dealership only 1 minute late. TT = peace of mind.

The apexi unit also reads the o2 sensor voltage and calculates A/F, cool. Is it possible to get a wideband o2 for our cars?
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You can use most any wideband oxygen sensor system, as long as it has a simulated narrowband output.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

just checked some out... I dont want a whole new $300 system though. I was hoping that I could find just a wideband sensor that would replace the narrow.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, unfortunately wideband sensors require electronic controllers to work.

You can reduce the price by about a third with a DIY kit from TechEdge: http://www.techedge.com.au/

My brother got one, and I built it... it was kind of a pain, since these guys didn't do a very complete job documenting the process, choosing the best parts, or making sure they included all the parts. It seems to work pretty well in the end though.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

looks like i am staying narrowband...
thanks for the link:)