Tuning the stock turbo legacy ECU

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WRXish
First Gear

Re:

Post by WRXish »

Project_Legacy wrote:
IronMonkeyL255 wrote:This is awesome.

I would love to hold onto the stock ECU if I could chip and tune it for >$200.

now thats what im talkin about! i'd do the same thing!

heheh we could all make a cross-the-continent trip to get our cars tuned. :-D
Yeah I was just thinking how much it would cost me and how much time it would take to get there to get it done....and there is NO ONE on the east coast that I know of that can do it. This is sooo aggravating!!! I gotta get someone to tune this monster.
WRXish
First Gear

Re: Tuning the stock turbo legacy ECU

Post by WRXish »

either that or go to a stand alone and the thought of that just terrifies me
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

The only viable options nowadays aside from a standalone are pretty much a plugnplay 20G ECU like a PowerFC, a stock 20G ECU, a Robtune'd 20G ECU, or an ESL board in a 20G ECU. There are options, for sure.

This thread is 11 years old, nobody is going to tune the stock ECU these days. There's much better options available nowadays that aren't all that expensive.
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

I'll quickly mention I had experience with the ESL board in an ej20g ecu and it did pretty well. My car was rewired as a 95 wrx for the sake of clarity. I recently sold my ESL because I was looking for motorsport functionality that was supposed to be developed for the "ej20G" generation of the board but hasn't arrived yet. Going forward I will be using plug and play standalone that retains (improves upon) subaru's knock correction strategy but adds motorsport features like anti-lag, launch control, flat-foot shifting, rotational idle etc from a company overseas called Alcatek.
2011 Mini Countryman S All4
1970 Honda Ct90
2001 Forester S of Doom - mowed down by a Cummins
1994/5/6/01/02/03/04/06/07/08 Impregacy OUtback SS STi Type R money pit- NEW RALLYCAR!!