Tuning the stock turbo legacy ECU

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Tuning the stock turbo legacy ECU

Post by NICO »

ok so today was my last day on the dyno, how did i do?

300HP@16psi, I HAVE NO DYNO SHEET BECUSE IT MEAN's SHIT, AND DONT ASK OR BUST MY BALL'S. you dont belive! you call paul at neetronics. dyno numbers mean nothing, my car is a bullet AND THATS IT.

so how did i tune the car for all this, paul a neetronics tuned my stock ecu "CHIPPED REFLASH WHAT EVERY YOU WANT TO CALL IT".

NOW I AM TAKEING FULL CREDIT FOR THIS!!!! I NO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD IS GOING TO STEAL MY IDEA, I WISH I COULD MAKE A MILLION $ BUT I SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL TO MAKE REAL SUBARU MOTORS AND TO MAKE SOME SCAREY FAST EJ22T'S.

HERE IS MY GIFT TO YOU ALL!!

i made that much power on stock MAF, how you ask? well if you take out your maf sensor and look in the back of it, there is 2 screws that hold a plate on the back in side maf. REMOVE THIS PLATE. why becuse not only does our stock maf sensore flow more the table moves so high i could run 20PSI and still tune off the stock MAF. while tuneing to day paul could not belive his eyes at a little simple thing like that was the hole key to make the car tuner friendly. paul siad there is so much room that you can run 20PSI before it dies out.

thats all i have to share and thanks paul from www.neetronics.com. paul is the only one in north america that can tune our stock ecu so no need for stand alone.

AND IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DONT POST, THIS IS INFO I GIVE TO YOU ALL TO MAKE YOUR LIFES MORE EASER, THAT IT!!!
scuzzy
Third Gear

Re: TOTAL CREDIT: turbo legacy info

Post by scuzzy »

NICO I WRX U wrote:ok so today was my last day on the dyno, how did i do?

300HP@16psi, I HAVE NO DYNO SHEET BECUSE IT MEAN's SHIT, AND DONT ASK OR BUST MY BALL'S. you dont belive! you call paul at neetronics. dyno numbers mean nothing, my car is a bullet AND THATS IT.

so how did i tune the car for all this, paul a neetronics tuned my stock ecu "CHIPPED REFLASH WHAT EVERY YOU WANT TO CALL IT".

NOW I AM TAKEING FULL CREDIT FOR THIS!!!! I NO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD IS GOING TO STEAL MY IDEA, I WISH I COULD MAKE A MILLION $ BUT I SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL TO MAKE REAL SUBARU MOTORS AND TO MAKE SOME SCAREY FAST EJ22T'S.

HERE IS MY GIFT TO YOU ALL!!

i made that much power on stock MAF, how you ask? well if you take out your maf sensor and look in the back of it, there is 2 screws that hold a plate on the back in side maf. REMOVE THIS PLATE. why becuse not only does our stock maf sensore flow more the table moves so high i could run 20PSI and still tune off the stock MAF. while tuneing to day paul could not belive his eyes at a little simple thing like that was the hole key to make the car tuner friendly. paul siad there is so much room that you can run 20PSI before it dies out.

thats all i have to share and thanks paul from www.neetronics.com. paul is the only one in north america that can tune our stock ecu so no need for stand alone.

AND IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DONT POST, THIS IS INFO I GIVE TO YOU ALL TO MAKE YOUR LIFES MORE EASER, THAT IT!!!
what's with the caps?
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

He's excited.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^^ really really excited, and it was 2 weeks of testing and tuning and BANG, take out 2 screws and a little plate and BANG it all works out in 3 hrs.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

I guess thats on a hitachi maf?
I dont recall any screws on the JECS.
would there be any benefit to doing this mod on a MAF on a stock ej22t ecu?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

My eyes are bleeding. I stopped reading after the first "sentence". I can't believe you would post that gobbledygook and expect NOT to get responses.
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

rad rex, don't be too hasty with your judgements.

Nico's posts require quite a bit of tuning and calibration on the readers part to get the most out of them.

It's sort of an artform, learning to figure out what the hell he's on about, and how much of it is actually useful info

But there always is something.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^^ thanks splinter.

206er yes its the hitachi maf, i dont no if it would be good to do it. paul the tuner siad that it made my fuel table open up HUGE, LOTs of room to play with. stock maf flows 260cfm i think, it might be up to 300~400cfm now.

rad rex i have no clue what your talking about. bye the looks of it under your name rad red, it says JUST ARRIVED. dame new pepole.
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

Congradulations nico, but are you telling me that this dude tuned a stock turbo leg ecu? if I may ask how? i was told that it was impossible.
2011 Mini Countryman S All4
1970 Honda Ct90
2001 Forester S of Doom - mowed down by a Cummins
1994/5/6/01/02/03/04/06/07/08 Impregacy OUtback SS STi Type R money pit- NEW RALLYCAR!!
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

sounds like this neetronics wants to keep this very proprietery. and I cant say I blame them.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

i give you a :smt023 Nico. thanks for finding out all this great info.
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i contacted neetronics right when nico made his first post.

responces were as followed
andy @ neetronics wrote:Hi Jason

Yes we custom tuned Nico's car here using the EPROM. The system that we use
here for that is car is called Techtom. As all our cars are custom tuned we
don't just sell the chips. If you have any other questions please feel free
to give me a call at the shop or send me a email.

Andy
Neetronics

Hey Jason

You can look up the tuning hardware from here www.technosquareinc.com Just
go into Techtom MT2000 the system is about $6500 USD. All the software and
hardware included with that then all you need is the chip burner and eraser
which is also on that site.

Andy
Neetronics

Hey Jason

There is also another thing you will need to get a Japanese computer from
Japan to work all these things. You will need a NEC PC98 they are easy to
find in Japan.

Andy
Neetronics
so techicnaly theres a little more to this than seems. i dont quite know how to desipher ecu models and what kind he was refering to but the moral of the story is most likely the ecu is a nissan based "chipable" ecu jdm or not. i have a hunch that the chips that nissan guys are using for their sr20 swaps are really similar to these. i also have a stronger hunch that the system is the same that is used to tune the VOS chip being that the setup is expensive to start up on. one of these days im gonna use my free canada calling adn talk to andy or paul on the phone. ive never heard of a chip set burning setup costing so much as its usualy whats noted as teh cheap way to tune so im gonna try to pump so more info.

what i want to know is how do you tell a hatachi from a jecs maf?
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

thanks guys.

azn2nr to tell the diffrence in maf the one that came stock out of a turbo legacy was all one piece aluminum. i guess thats why they did not cheap out on makeing this maf sensor and not make it out of just plastic.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

OK, so for a cliffs notes version: he had to change the ECU to one that the EPROM chip could be changed, did a few tweaks to the MAF and then they were able to tune the car.

So am I wrong in saying that this is not the STOCK ECU?
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^^ on my stock ecu the chip comes out and in, no souldering of nothing. this is my stock ecu just chipped.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

In his post at the top of this page he says it was the stock ECU. Thanks, Nico, for all of your posts and especially your account of your build up and tuning process. For the PNW area of USA it would be great if one of the shops up here would work with Neetronics and use their process so we could get our EJ22T's tuned also. I wonder if PDX Tuning in Portland Oregon would be interested? They have a Dyno.
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

This is awesome information. I was kinda wondering what removing that plate would do.....

Where are these guys located? I didn't see it anywhere on their site.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

So I take it that Neetronics is not really interested in tuning/configuring ECU's for "package" type setups like larger injectors, etc.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

no problem guys.

legacy777: i ask paul about that and he says to tune the car perfect you would need to bring it to him.
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

just checking to see who else emailed them after they read nico's post. Count that as a 1 here...
2011 Mini Countryman S All4
1970 Honda Ct90
2001 Forester S of Doom - mowed down by a Cummins
1994/5/6/01/02/03/04/06/07/08 Impregacy OUtback SS STi Type R money pit- NEW RALLYCAR!!
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

Congrats with your results, I was only interested in gaining further Knowledge, as 99.9% of the posts on this board are extremely informative. For example, VRG3 is GODLIKE in his knowledge, as well as the way he conveys it. I had a hard time deciphering what you are trying to say. If I were more generous I would say that your posts are "stream of conciousness", how's that?
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, learn how to TYPE and spell

It's "rad rex" not "rad red"

And it's "damn new people"

jeeze dude. You may be a tuning genius, but you SUCK at posting
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I still want to see a dyno chart.

I don't give a shit about the peak power you made. I want to see the curves and make my own judgement call on how successful the tune was.

You can make 300whp on a "blow your shit up" map. Or you can make 300whp on a "coulda made 350" map.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Don't blame Nico too much for his lack of mastering the Engilsh language. He's from Canada, eh. We all know how great their education system is. He probably speaks french or pygme or whatever else they speak up there too. We'll all be speaking Spanish here in the states soon enough, so enjoy it while you can.

My girlfriend used to write me love letters and I swear to god I needed a team of NSA cryptologists and the Hammurabi code to understand what the hell she wrote sometimes. Really. The shit was totally rediculous with all the shorthand, pictures, partial words, diagrams, and utter gobbledygook I wanted to slap her twice with a dictionary.

I mean, really, we get what Nico is saying most of the time. It just takes a little more effort to understand. 80% communication, 20% thought.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
Psychoreo
Second Gear

Post by Psychoreo »

i've said it before and i'll say it again... Nico, your car's hawt
stupid electrical work...