KEEP BLOWING THE SAME FUSE!!!! HELP

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

waldo320
Second Gear

KEEP BLOWING THE SAME FUSE!!!! HELP

Post by waldo320 »

Hey all I am blowing the same fuse now its the third time that it has happend. It is the sbf no2 I have put 2 30A in both have blown next I put a 40A and reset the ecu 2 times and it blew again. So I think I have a short some were just curious what sbf no2 controlled to look for the short.
One of the crazy's boosting a NA!
14.3 @ 93mph
napphappy
Second Gear

Post by napphappy »

I Think its the pump for your air suspension.
1997 White BG Ltd 5MT, EJ22T with Wiescos, EJ20R Heads, Two large dents R.I.P
1995 Impreza EJ22T DOHC Hydra EMS, 20g, EWG, 3in APS TBE, AWIC
waldo320
Second Gear

Post by waldo320 »

I dont have air suspension, but i think i found the problem the wire was exposed on fuel injector #1
14.3 @ 93mph
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

That will definately do it, and don't ever put any fuse rated higher than what is supposed to be in there, especially in the main fuse box. A fire isn't too far out of the question in a situation like that.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
waldo320
Second Gear

Post by waldo320 »

Yah I have new harnis in the mail and I was talking to my electrical engenier friend who said putting in a bigger fuse does nothing but cause an electrical fire do to the wire not being able to take it, and that no matter what fuse I put in the same amount of power is sent to the coil.
14.3 @ 93mph
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Well in the case where a fuse is blowing, more power is being sent to the destination, than intended. So you could theoretically find a fuse of the right size that would allow all power to go through the wire. Of course if the wire isn't rated for it, it will heat up and eventually catch fire. So again, listen to your friend and don't put a higher rated fuse someplace that doesn't call for it.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
realfinn
First Gear

Post by realfinn »

Isn't SBF2 one of the slow blow fuses in the fuse box???

If so be VERY careful putting the wrong fuse in there. It can take much longer for the slowblows to go. That is a definite fire hazard. Take it from an engineer. :wink: