Gauge vent pod holder and TT holder

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

redlineracer
First Gear

Gauge vent pod holder and TT holder

Post by redlineracer »

I made a gauge vent pod holder and turbo timer holder for my 91 Legacy. I had some extra black ABS plastic trim sheets sitting around so I thought I would experiment and see if I can make a gauge holder. So I got out my handy Dremel and made a rectangle for my turbo timer and got a 2" hole saw for my boost and air/fuel ratio gauge and drilled out 2 holes. I also made a blank vent panel to block the air.
I was just wondering how do you wire the turbo timer? I have a red (12v power +), black (ground -), yellow (accessory or illumination), blue (ignition ?), brown (hand brake). Now I dont know if I have this right but I thought yellow goes to the ignition. I dont know cause this is my first turbo timer. But any help would be helpful. Also I was wondering if the 91 SS has a 3 or 4 wire o2 sensor. Which wire do I tap into to get the signal for my AF ratio gauge? Thanks in advance!

Pic of wires for turbo timer:

Pic of vent gauge pod:
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

"Leave it up to a Subaru to pull your friend with a Ford out of the mud when he gets stuck!"

Total Pullouts out of the mud or sand:
Subaru - 0 * Ford - 14 * Chevy - 2 * Dodge - 3
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Nice pod... you better make it more to sell!
Good job!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Good lord wiring all the gauges and the TT are a pain in the butt! Looks like its going to be a 2 day project getting one good day of wiring in. Right now my gauges are in the car, the dash panel is pulled off with the drop down kick panel, radio and all the bezels and stuff are out of the car. Wires hanging out everywhere! Looks like my car's guts threw up inside the car! Check out this mess:

Thank goodness for quick release steering hubs! But can anyone help me out with this wiring with the Turbo Timer and the the o2 sensor question? I saw that my o2 sensor has 3 wires: red, white, black. Which is the signal? Thanks!
-1992 Legacy AWD Wagon-

"Leave it up to a Subaru to pull your friend with a Ford out of the mud when he gets stuck!"

Total Pullouts out of the mud or sand:
Subaru - 0 * Ford - 14 * Chevy - 2 * Dodge - 3
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I do believe it's the white wire. :wink:
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!