Guys think about the Megasquirt standalone? ITS WORKS

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

94legacy2.2
First Gear

Post by 94legacy2.2 »

no its doesnt open the injector longer for that cyl. This version doesnt do Seq injection BUT BUT BUT BUT they do have a version out or coming out for FULL SEQ injection so you can have injector timing for each Cyl. If you go that route you will need to add a Peak and Hold board for SEQ injection

Link here for the SEQ info
http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html

The board you need for it

http://jbperf.com/p&h_board/index.html
im slow---Location:Colorado

Got squirt? http://www.msextra.com/index.php
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

OK, can you help me understand this: the larger injector in cyl 4 is there to cool down that cylinder a bit because it naturally runs hotter than the other three cylinders, correct?

So, if MS doesn't keep that injector open longer, is the injector flowing more fuel into the cylinder because it's a larger injector?

I guess I'm just trying to understand how things work here. And, obviously I'm not using the proper terminology ('cuz I don't know what the proper terminology is right now) so I appreciate your patience with me. :)
'94 TW
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

93Leg-c wrote:OK, can you help me understand this: the larger injector in cyl 4 is there to cool down that cylinder a bit because it naturally runs hotter than the other three cylinders, correct?
Apparently with the MS, that cylinder runs slightly lean (not enough fuel). Running lean will cause the temp to go up and increase wear on the engine.
93Leg-c wrote:So, if MS doesn't keep that injector open longer, is the injector flowing more fuel into the cylinder because it's a larger injector?
Yes, the fuel is under pressure, and assuming that pressure is enough to push the fuel out at a steady rate, more fuel will flow out of a larger injector. This is why injectors are rated in cc/min. A 550 will flow more than a 440 in the same amount of time.

I would love to run megasquirt but I really don't think I have the skill at the moment.
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

brand wrote:Apparently with the MS, that cylinder runs slightly lean (not enough fuel). Running lean will cause the temp to go up and increase wear on the engine.
I think the #4 cylinder runs lean even on engines without the MS. I've burned up two stock turbo engines because cyl 4 ran lean.
brand wrote:Yes, the fuel is under pressure, and assuming that pressure is enough to push the fuel out at a steady rate, more fuel will flow out of a larger injector. This is why injectors are rated in cc/min. A 550 will flow more than a 440 in the same amount of time.
Aah, this explanation helps me a lot! It's really logical, now that I think about it, but the logic has to be pointed out sometimes. Thanks! :D
'94 TW
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

94legacy2.2 wrote: He is using the 36-2-2-2 wheel cause he gave up on the 6/7 and he knew the 36-2-2-2 worked so we swapped the 6/7 wheel out for the other one and still same problems. He didnt want to switch back so we played with the MS more and finally got it to run perfect.

I bet the 6/7 wheel will work just fine just like the 36-2-2-2 does.
I've been spending some time trying to find out if the 6/7 wheel does indeed work at this point. I haven't found any info saying that it does.

I'm actually in the midst of a microsquirt build (DIYPNP) and the current holdup is the cam and crank signals. When set to basic trigger the crank signal registers, but when switched back to the 6/7 code it doesn't do anything. Actively trying to troubleshoot it though!
SUBARUEHS Racing
94legacy2.2
First Gear

Post by 94legacy2.2 »

n2x4 wrote:
94legacy2.2 wrote: He is using the 36-2-2-2 wheel cause he gave up on the 6/7 and he knew the 36-2-2-2 worked so we swapped the 6/7 wheel out for the other one and still same problems. He didnt want to switch back so we played with the MS more and finally got it to run perfect.

I bet the 6/7 wheel will work just fine just like the 36-2-2-2 does.
I've been spending some time trying to find out if the 6/7 wheel does indeed work at this point. I haven't found any info saying that it does.

I'm actually in the midst of a microsquirt build (DIYPNP) and the current holdup is the cam and crank signals. When set to basic trigger the crank signal registers, but when switched back to the 6/7 code it doesn't do anything. Actively trying to troubleshoot it though!
I know the 6/7 trigger will work. James the developer knows it will also.

Now the problem we had with the cam and crank sensors are you need to set to invert or revert (been forever since Ive played with that) if that doesnt work then you need to take the cam and crank sensor signals/ground AWAY from the factory computer then give the MS (megasquirt) the signal and ground the other wire(s) to the MS grounds
Now once thats done try seeing if you get signal, if not or it still doesnt start then switch the wires from each cam and crank meaning signal wire is pin 1, ground is pin 2 switch them so signal is pin 2 and ground is pin 1.

Now if that still doesnt do the trick let me know. You got some old parts on your board and need to switch them out for the propper Caps and diodes. Been there done that.

Let me know

94legacy2.2
First Gear

Post by 94legacy2.2 »

The MS website is back up and running, some info is old because the site crashed, they lost alot of info but most is still useful