Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

oooh great, just bought the SSM cable... and NOW I just read this thread and see he is busy... :(

Wonder how long tell I get the cable
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

jefferson wrote:I ran into that same problem with my 2nd stage 1 chip. Wouldn't start at all. I put the original chip back in and it started fine. No idea about why.

Sorry but I haven't been following your build, so I have to assume that your second stage 1 chip was an updated version. But I am left wondering how that issue got resolved.

Did you send the inoperable one back or have you just settled with the first one and left it at that.
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I put a jecs maf on and the 1st chip was supposed to be set up for it, but the id code or voltage was not set right and it set a cel. The second chip was to replace the first and have the proper id code in it, but the car wouldn't even start. The third chip had the maf problem taken care of, but I still had an overboost problem just like the 1st chip. I sent all 3 back and got an updated replacement, but I have the transmission out doing a rebuild on it so I have no idea about how well it is going to work. I am hoping everything is going to be good. Mike has been very good about everything.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Based on our discussion I didn't think the install was the problem, but I tried it again and took some pictures just for the sake of it.

The effect was the same, it will crank infinitely without catching.

I have heard that Mike has been great with support. I know that I am unlucky in my timing, but this is really inconvenient for me.

I am still staying off boost (pretty much). I don't have a wideband but I have seen people say this combination runs lean. That said, the motor is eating a lot of fuel per Km.... I can almost watch the gauge fall down on a 5 minute trip :roll:
Andrew

95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

It will make it run rich not lean....

I have a good chip. Can you send me a deposit? Then you can send the bad chip to Mike I guess?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

hrmmm, I heard WTdash say
wtdash wrote:When I ran the JECS on the stock ECU programming, it ran lean....even w/the 440cc injectors.

I recommend you run the JECS only w/the Revtronix or other EM that can manage it properly.

Td

pm'd about chip swap
Andrew

95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Yes, in that case would makes sense, but with stock MAF should be ok. Just still really bad fuel economy.

Also I didn't get a PM.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
sobe_death
In Neutral

Post by sobe_death »

So I have tried to read this entire thread, but I never found a definitive answer.

Is the Revtronix chip user programmable as long as you have the subaru monitor cable? I have a wideband already, and access to an AWD dyno as well.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

sobe_death wrote:So I have tried to read this entire thread, but I never found a definitive answer.

Is the Revtronix chip user programmable as long as you have the subaru monitor cable? I have a wideband already, and access to an AWD dyno as well.
Short answer: No.

The current chip allows modification of 1-2 parameters, e.g. Fuel Trim, otherwise it can be used for logging only.

Just before Revtronix 'went south' (the owner/programmer moved to CA and hasn't been heard from for a few weeks) a User Programmable chip was almost ready, which many on here are waiting/hoping for.

Td
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

So no one has heard from Mike, eh? Say it's not so! Release of a programmable would have been awesome. I'm still hoping.....

"Went south", haha, I like it.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
sobe_death
In Neutral

Post by sobe_death »

That's unfortunate, I like startup companies doing things for the good of the community

What are our other tuning options then? PowerFC? Emanage? AEM?

I'm comfortable with Megasquirt, but I'd like to retain knock correction if at all possible and the MS knock correction seems pretty on/off.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Re: Chip for stock ECU!

Post by 93Leg-c »

I just tried logging onto the Revtronix site. "Account Suspended" is what comes up. :(
'94 TW
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Wow! That sucks the U/P chip will be delayed even further now. :( I was literally holding off on my build awaiting the release of this last piece to my parts puzzle. Crap...

I may end up just going with the AEM F/IC instead now. I really wanted to avoid wiring in a piggy back system to the car but if this chip isn't released in like 4 weeks that's the route I'm gonna go for to wrap up my build.

*sigh*
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

I bet the website was taken down due to all the spam on it.....every thread on the Subaru forum had been 'hacked'.
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
sleepinsuby
First Gear

Post by sleepinsuby »

hope he gets it back up soon my build is sitting in the car waiting... anyone got his number to find out whats going on with the chip?
94SS full cage 2.2 hybrid build with 04 2.5i heads,JIC coilovers,jdm 4pots,vlsd,jdm TD05 16g ,top mount IC,950 injectors,running ms3x em
91ss ej22t 110k,rebuilt heads,new seals,delta220 cams,td04,wrx top mount,wrx flywheel,wrx trans
92L drift project h6 rwd
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

Wow, I was ready to put an order in for the stage 2 chip. I guess it wouldn't have been supported in the event of a "dead on arrival".

I guess a greddy emanage ultimate is the way to go now. :?:
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Perhaps. How long has it been since he moved anyways?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

I did speak to him (via rev forum) after he had moved to Cali -- I think the date was around 1/6. lol I started to bitch about his unresponsiveness on 1/12 here.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

WOW that's worse than I thought.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

His whois record ( http://whois.domaintools.com/revtronix.com ) is protected but still has a phone number and address. I hope he's alright and gets back to us soon, I was hoping to use one of these until I got full EM figured out.
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Hmm, so it shows updated address and all. I am sure he is just very busy then. No worries IMO, he will most likely be up and running very soon.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

I'm in for one later this year if he keeps producing them. Good luck to him in the meantime.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I still have my fingers crossed. Support after the sale is my biggest issue with any company. If I go with AEM I know I won't be left in the dark after I spend $350.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

That phone # (and address) is for for the "WHoisGuard Protected" domain company - not Revtronix...I called it....just a coincidence it's in Cali, too.
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »