Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Florin1
Fourth Gear

Re: Chip for stock ECU!

Post by Florin1 »

ericem wrote:Hmm, so it shows updated address and all. I am sure he is just very busy then. No worries IMO, he will most likely be up and running very soon.
Yeah, but even if he is extremely busy, it would be nice to just drop in and say "hi, i'm still here. Been busy, ttyl" haha. That way we can be put at ease.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Plus ONE.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I don't know what his situation is, but I can honestly say that nothing can warrant not taking 5 minutes out of 2 months to say, "Fellas, so sorry but I'm out of commission for a while, hang in there i won't let you down" or whatEVER.

We have seen/heard some members go thru some horrendous life challenges and still manage to say 'so long' or 'I am going to be quiet for a while'. And they didn't have thousands of our dollars invested in them.

Mike, you need to cowboy up and at least say hello.

Rant over.
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

*cough* and to think, people were giving me a hard time for giving mike shit back in January....

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

I'd just like to know if I should continue to wait, or pursue a different Venue. I'd like to go the Revtronix route and will continue to wait, but a little status update would be nice.
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Website is back up and running!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

promising, but it looks as though the forum got raped.
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Yeah no shit.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

MF'r!!

I was really looking forward to the tunable chip. Even if Revtronics comes back from the dead, this is not encouraging as far as support goes.
(And yes BSOD2600 - I was silently giving you a hard time back in Jan, but I take it back now (publically))

Vipec? Autronic? and a lot more $$ :x

I need some GOOD EM for my Delta cams, and in general for a big and smooth power band. Not sure I'd be happy with any of the piggybacks on my DD.
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller...Enough said. Do a search here on the board and read through the build. You'll be convinced by the product and the price.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Full WRX or STi swap, OBDII and Accessport. <grin>
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Adam West wrote:Full WRX or STi swap, OBDII and Accessport. <grin>
Yes.

But.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

i gave up waiting and went for a custom tuned ej20G ecu....
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

dropdfocus wrote:AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller...Enough said. Do a search here on the board and read through the build. You'll be convinced by the product and the price.
This man speaks the truth. For what I paid, the F/IC is a fantastic piggyback system and will do what *most* people on this board need as far as tuning. I think it's unbeatable for under $400.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

^
|
|
|

After reading through his build thread, I was absolutely convinced that the AEM unit is the way to go. The chip would have been nice to avoid the wiring involved with the F/IC. At this point, I'm willing to head down that road to get my car finished & tuned.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

dropdfocus wrote:AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller...Enough said. Do a search here on the board and read through the build. You'll be convinced by the product and the price.
the reason i didnt buy one of these is you can only PULL timing. i need to ADD timing since i have 25D heads on my 22T with a 7.4:1 comp ratio. if you could increase timing, this system would be the cats ass.
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Unless you go with a full stand alone system (ex: Hydra), that won't be easily accomplished. I do understand your point fully though. PP6 is not worth it, Dtec does nothing with timing, and so on. This is why the user tunable chip would have been worth every penny spent to own it. :( Owning an OBD-I car is such a bitch.
Jason
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

MikeyMeyagi wrote:
the reason i didnt buy one of these is you can only PULL timing. i need to ADD timing since i have 25D heads on my 22T with a 7.4:1 comp ratio. if you could increase timing, this system would be the cats ass.
Sure you can advance the timing, you just won't find it in the instructions. ;-) ANY engine management that can modify the MAF readings (this includes the F/IC) can allow you to advance timing to a certain degree...if you simply reduce the voltage from the MAF that the factory ECM sees, you'll get more ignition timing by "fooling" the factory system into seeing a lighter load than actual. From there, you can add fuel on the fuel map (if necessary) to keep the mixtures in line.
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-And more!
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

Hey Slodrive - I'v read through your build thread and was very interested in the AEM F/IC (and I researched it a bit), but it was lacking 2 specific abilities: 1) timing advance and 2) idle speed adjustment.

It sounds like the timing can be advanced to a certain degree (no pun intended :)) which will probably be ok.
But what about the idle speed? I'd really like to move it up to 900-950 to smooth out the Delta cams (it is almost there with the defrost on, almost)

Other than that the FIC looks to be the best thing out there for tuning on a "budget". $350 + a wideband, and I would get it tuned by Harvey. I already have a JEC's MAF and 550's waiting to go in.

I'm another CO local (Boudler area) - Let me know when you are going back to Bandimere in the spring. I'm planning on an outing to see if I can best my last times since installing the Delta 220's and P&P&coated header with high flow cross pipe this winter. See sig for best run to date (that was on 12.5psi spike, and 10.5psi 5000-redline)
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

There's no provision at all to operate the IAC with the F/IC, but I'm sure it would be really easy to get a bit more idle speed the "old fashioned" way. When I finally get around to using my JECS and re-scaling the MAF table,I'll post it up somewhere...probably not in this thread though. :lol:

I'll definitely hit you up next time I take the Leggy to the strip, it'd be fun to get some more local Legacies there some Wednesday night. 8)
-And more!
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

SLODRIVE wrote:
This man speaks the truth. For what I paid, the F/IC is a fantastic piggyback system and will do what *most* people on this board need as far as tuning. I think it's unbeatable for under $400.
So you fellas got some part numbers? I looked on AEM website and all the showed for my year and model was a wideband and some gauges.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

and all my search brought up on the "AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller" was one find. "My sleeper named Trixie" Any other links? I hate the search feature on this site. It isn't very good.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Per Mr. SLODRIVE:
...I just got the basic one, the 30-1910...
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Check my build journal, I have lots of info on the F/IC there. I'll be happy to answer any questions too.
-And more!
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Jason
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

I'm thinking about getting the revtronix chip but I'm wondering how long it will take to get???
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.