Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TurboBeater
First Gear

Post by TurboBeater »

Oh yeah, dyno will be after Stage 2 is done. Will measure stock, Stage 1, Stage 2 all in the same day on the VF11. This is going to be on a mustang dyno.
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

i would only want a bov if it was easy to do, i'm really interested in your chip as i want to run 13-14 psi without fuel cut and without maxing my maf. basically i just want my engine tuned properly for the set up i will have in a few months, including the custom intake i'm desighning and a downpipe. i'll show you more at the meet.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
TurboBeater
First Gear

Post by TurboBeater »

Custom designed intake and downpipe? Sounds interesting! There's more advantages to a BPV instead of a BOV. The best would be an aftermarket BPV, it should still make plenty of noise. The stock one is actually very noticeable at 17psi!

Got some tuning done today. Ran into a misfire issue above 16psi, gapping the plugs smaller fixed it. Spark and fuel are dialed in up to 5500rpm so far. I measured 0.54G's in 2nd gear! If you check out the first page of this post you can see how much more that is then stock and stage 1 (would be 540 on the chart). Hopefully the dyno numbers follow the same trend that I'm measuring!
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

your doing great work man, patiently waiting. just custom intake not custom downpipe. i'll probably find a bellmouth of somesort.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
mexicanzero
Second Gear

Post by mexicanzero »

cant wait to see stage 2 dyno results!!
i'm in btw.
any chance you guys can do tuning with stock injectors and water/meth injection? i set it up a while back just for the hell of it cuz i got it cheap and want to get the most out of it.

-Alex
LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

1992 Subaru Legacy SS 06 WRX TMIC TD-04 MSD coil 3" turboback H&R coils GR2 shocks fsb 20mm rsb 22mm stage 2 chip

2003 silver wrx wagon 5 spd just bought!! stock for now...
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Gaaaaah. How much longer until Stage 2 comes out?! I waaaaant!!
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

I know im waiting for it too, and a price estimate... the price may hurt me :(
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

i checked this out at our meet we had, very cool, here's something you might also be interested to see turbo beater, it could work amazingly well with your chip

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=34119

maybe we could get the pics updated by josh or whoever
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

RJ93SS wrote:i checked this out at our meet we had, very cool, here's something you might also be interested to see turbo beater, it could work amazingly well with your chip

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=34119
I actually asked about the Select Monitor port back on the first page (I was concerned about it still being able to function), TurboBeater said that they've been using it to help develop the chip, so to answer your question - yep, they've seen it!

Any word on when we can expect the chip to be ready? I'm still surprised we haven't seen the manufacturer post here. Doesn't seem like they're very big and could probably benefit from talking directly to us!
SUBARUEHS Racing
TurboBeater
First Gear

Post by TurboBeater »

Yes you're right its not a large company and is a lot of work to run for just a few people. I'm basically representing the manufacturer here as they are busy taking care of the reverse engineering development and daily transactions. I'm also sort of a representative customer too so it works out well.

Status update: Stage 2 power mode for the VF11 is basically complete. Next we're going to lower the octane and tone it down for regular mode. Once that's done its off to the dyno!

Some more good news, I've got a possible source for a 90deg inlet TD05-16g. A VF39 could be in the works too. If the timing is good, these may go on before the VF22.

Yup, we're using the Select Monitor with some in-house developed software to check for knock mainly. The wideband logger has enough inputs to cover the rest.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Question, How exactly does this "Plug-in" to the ECU? it plugs into it and then you plug your harness into the chip is that correct?
FastRust
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

i seen it last week, there already a port on your ecu board with a piece of tape over it, you plug it in and your done.
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

turbobeater, when your running at 17 psi, don't the injectors max out. you were saying at the meet you actually leaned fuel out towards redline because it was getting to much. i guess this proves that are injectors can handle it.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

RJ93SS wrote:i seen it last week, there already a port on your ecu board with a piece of tape over it, you plug it in and your done.
Oh, Nice.
FastRust
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Curious at to whether these will be plug in or solder in.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

jefferson wrote:Curious at to whether these will be plug in or solder in.

Jeff
according to the two posts or so above you it will be plug in.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

RJ93SS wrote:i seen it last week, there already a port on your ecu board with a piece of tape over it, you plug it in and your done.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Sorry, I didn't realize there were more pages. I didn't read far enough.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Re-subscribing to this thread . . . hope it works this time. (I subscribed on Oct 19 but haven't been notified of any posts so I finally decided to check it manually . . . )
'94 TW
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

So how many people have the stage 1 chip? I haven't seen anyone post about what they think of it.

I need to get some other issues sorted on my car and I am there. Going to get a jecs maf to hook up for future stuff.

Lets hear from some people. I can't believe people have bought these chips and said nothing about them.

Jeff
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

OMG! This is exactally what im looking for! I need some way to get a safer tune for me Leggy Turbo! I hope you guys figure out way to some STi injectors with a VF39 in the mix! Because thats my route im on right now!

Keep it up men!! Ill buy it as soon as you get a good stage 2 or 3 out!
93 Legacy Turbo AT Sliver Stock, Ultra Rotty Body
93 Legacy Turbo MT Silver Rob Tune 550cc Lowered GT28 AWIC 4.11 05 Leg GT rims Mint body
95 Chevy Corvette MT ZR-1 Black X Brace Chipped
94 Legacy Turbo AT Blue Stock SOLD
06 Pontiac G6 AT Green Stock SOLD
DARTHVADER
In Neutral

Post by DARTHVADER »

93forestpearl wrote:Have they done anything with Subaru TCU's?
Check this guy's work. http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/tcumod.html

I opened my tcu up there are solder dots where a socket can be fitted to allow the use of a DIP-28 style rom.
TurboBeater
First Gear

Post by TurboBeater »

So the Stage 2 tune on VF11 turbo is done, I'm going to set up a dyno session this upcoming week. I have the ability to switch between a 14.5 psi and 17 psi tune.

I don't know if anyone else has the Stage 1 tune yet. Maybe they are just waiting for dyno numbers. I think most people are interested in Stage 2 and higher.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

TurboBeater wrote:So the Stage 2 tune on VF11 turbo is done, I'm going to set up a dyno session this upcoming week. I have the ability to switch between a 14.5 psi and 17 psi tune.

I don't know if anyone else has the Stage 1 tune yet. Maybe they are just waiting for dyno numbers. I think most people are interested in Stage 2 and higher.
Wow, awesome to hear. Still confused about 17psi. on a stock VF11. I think I speak for others as well as myself when I say that I'll be down for ordering after I see dyno numbers. Really excited about this!
SUBARUEHS Racing
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah I thought I read (several times) on this message board that the VF11 is not designed to boost past 13psi and running it that high will shorten it's lifespan a lot.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson