Fuse layout for 1990 Legacy L wagon. lost fuse cover

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

CCorsair
First Gear

Fuse layout for 1990 Legacy L wagon. lost fuse cover

Post by CCorsair »

Hi just got my Wagon back from the shop to get it looked over and fix some issues and i went to re-connect my inverter and blew the fuse for the lighter and can't remember which fuse it is and the shop lost my cover some time back.. i have tester but it not that easy to get in there and check them(I am not a small guy) the fuse that has blown also powers the side view mirrors and I forget what else. Have to get this fix as I use the power for my work and need it back up soon.

Thanks

CC
1990 Subaru Legacy L Wagon AWD.
Subaru Psycho
In Neutral

Re: Fuse layout for 1990 Legacy L wagon. lost fuse cover

Post by Subaru Psycho »

I know this might sound stupid...but it worked for me. When I bought my 90 Legacy L it came with two, yeah two, fuse block covers. They were both different. So i got on google.com and typed in my year make and model and then typed "fuse block" at the end and clicked on images. Sure enough i found which one i needed. Hope it helps.
CCorsair
First Gear

Post by CCorsair »

I'll give it a try found one fuse bad but was to the back wiper pump...Light and mirrors still out and none of the fuse look bad as i got down and look at all but still it could be a bad fuse but If i get stumped i know where to go to get help...

Thanks will give the google search a try.

CC
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
CCorsair
First Gear

Post by CCorsair »

Ok thanks will look at this again need my Lighter Port running so i can run power from it.. found only one fuse blown it was a 20amp for the back washer motor that has a clogged water line. did not check the 15amp fuses .. Ok update I Checked every fuse and I can think of and tested them all none are blown so is there another line fuse i need to look at and why would both the lighter and the side mirrors go out if its not a fuse what could have shorted to blow both?

thanks will look again..

CC
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Try replacing fuse 3 anyway. It's possible the fuse is able to flow enough current to satisfy your tester but not enough to do anything else.

The only upstream fuse from there is SBF-4 in the underhood fuse box, but if that were blown you'd notice more than just the mirrors and cigarette lighter -- all the accessory stuff wouldn't work, including the radio and wipers.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
CCorsair
First Gear

Post by CCorsair »

At this point I looking at maybe replacing all the old fuses just to be safe.. did this in one of my old cars and it seem to restore some of the cars features that were not working due to a bad fuse. I am having the same thought that the fuse may be testing good but still be bad..
Just wish the shop hadn't lost my cover as this would have not taken so long to fix..

Thank all will let know if this last change out works.

CC

Quick update still no fix and i replaced near all the fuses.. Lighter socket and power mirrors are dead still..
lstevens76
In Neutral

Post by lstevens76 »

I realize this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same issue on a 1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan L.

I already located and replaced the associated fuse, but no luck.

Any ideas where to check next?

Thanks
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

Do you have anything plugged into the cigarette lighter or any additional devices wired in? Did this just occur or did it happen after you did any specific work/change to the car?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm