95 ej18 impreza engine harness wiring qustions

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

95 ej18 impreza engine harness wiring qustions

Post by greg donovan »

Doing a swap on my 95 impreza sedan.

We are doing a swap and we are missing the part of the engine harness that runs between the blue and grey connectors and the ecu in the above picture. Is that harness section ej18 specific?

Engine will be a non turbo DOHC ej25 using the ej18 ecu, throttlebody and wiring. All put into a 95 impreza sedan.

Transmission is a jdm 4.11 box.

The 4eat 93 impreza I have has different connectors on it. top one is round on 93.

Does anyone know when they switched from the round connectors to the square ones show here? Is the wiring different or are just the plugs different?

When did they switch to obdii?

If the 1.8 wiring and ecu don't work right we will try a 2.5 ecu and harness merge.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Re: 95 ej18 impreza engine harness wiring qustions

Post by n2x4 »

We are doing a swap and we are missing the part of the engine harness that runs between the blue and grey connectors and the ecu in the above picture. Is that harness section ej18 specific?Don't believe so, I will check my FSM tonight.

Does anyone know when they switched from the round connectors to the square ones show here? Is the wiring different or are just the plugs different? I believe the switch was 94. I'll try and find source to back up my claims tonight.

When did they switch to obdii? midway through 1995. The 1995 FSM contains both OBDI and OBDII sections
SUBARUEHS Racing
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Re: 95 ej18 impreza engine harness wiring qustions

Post by greg donovan »

Thanks!

I will do a VIN check to see. The interior was stripped out when I got the car so I am not sure it is II or not. Pretty sure it isn't but it can't hurt to check.

This has gotten a little frustrating as the car was supposed to have a complete harness.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan