Stock car alarm system

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

DD50
First Gear

Stock car alarm system

Post by DD50 »

I've been looking around on the site but found no answer. My 92 Legacy LSi came with the factory car alarm system. Thanks to my luck, I don't have the key fob for it so I can't use it. If I turn the switch on it goes off and doesn't turn off till I disconnect the battery. Not really willing to do that every time I want to use it. So does anyone have the key fob that works for this alarm or knows where I can get one besides the dealership because they told me they don't make them anymore. Any help would be apprciated.
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Re: Stock car alarm system

Post by magicmike »

your best bet would be to remove the alarm altogether. You'll need to unplug the brain found under the dash and find the starter interrupt relay as well. Most likely the starter wire at the steering column was cut and this was placed in series to disable the starter. you can leave all other wires connected to the plug if you like as they wont be affected. This is not as difficult as it may sound. Try it out and post questions here if you get stuck.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale