RHD swao wiring

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

BoostedSubie
Second Gear

RHD swao wiring

Post by BoostedSubie »

So, i've been tackling the wiring on my RHD swap this weekend and it has been overwhelming. First of all, all wiring harnesses are from a 93 Legacy wagon AT, no sunroof and it now sits in my 93 Legacy Sport Sedan MT with a sunroof. My problem is that the tail harness is obvisously different as I am using a wagon harness in a sedan. I went and got a sedan rear harness to try and make it work but the plugs that tie into the bulk front harness are totally different. Also, I want my sunroof to work but haven't really jumped into that yet. I'm getting to the point where I'm about to bag the RHD swao and return it to normal. I can't seem to find too many good wiring diagrams of the tail harness or the sunroof one. I will continue searching but if anyone knows where to find something, that would be nice.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Outback- EJ25D/22e frankenmotor
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
98 Silver Legacy GT- Pikes Peak build, built EJ22t/205, GT3076r
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Re: RHD swao wiring

Post by BoostedSubie »

Also, it looks as I will have no heat in the car as the heater core I got with the heater suitcases is bad and the only heater core I could find for the RHD is $300 used and the RHD and LHD heater cores are totally different.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The wiring diagrams in the factory service manual are quite good; you might try to get your hands on that. What you want is section 6 of the 92 Legacy manual. Section 6 is the electrical section and very little changed from 92 to 93. The part number is MSA5T9209A.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Post by BoostedSubie »

Ok, I think I actually have the factory service manual somewhere. Hopefully the lhd is similar enough to the rhd harness to make sense of it. There are a couple things I already noticed were different such as the rhd doesn't have the power seatbelts.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

If there are any differences between RHD & LHD it should be noted in the factory manual.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm