92-94 Headlight Adjustment Questions

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

92-94 Headlight Adjustment Questions

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I have a 92 ss and trying to figure out how to adjust the x and y axis of the headlights. This thread and the link from legacy777 in the thread has helped a little http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... adjustment but still doesn't help as much as I would like and was the closest thread I found on making headlight adjustments.
-So I have played around with the two 8mm screws and the allen screw (with the spring in it) and saw little to no results. The car was inches away from the was I must note too. Can anyone shine some light on how to (diy) properly adjust these lights? A thread link or some advise would greatly be appreciated.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 92-94 Headlight Adjustment Questions

Post by Legacy777 »

If the adjustment screws did not do anything to the lights, it's possible the plastic gears could be stripped. This was the case on one of the gears for the EDM lights I bought. I ended up buying some spare parts that had an extra gear. Without taking the lights or the adjusters off to see if anyting is broken, it'd be hard to say for sure.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Bringing this old thread back. What exactly is the allen screw adjustment for and or what does it do? (has that red line on it)

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Joe,

I don't have the 92-94 lights, so I'm not exactly sure what it's for, however the lights will typically have a vertical and horizontal adjustment screw....so it's probably one of those adjustments.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm