Megasquirt timing map

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

justin the subie
First Gear

Megasquirt timing map

Post by justin the subie »

Howdy fellas. Im doing a megasquirt (ms3) in my 82 brat with ej22turbo.
My buddy doing it is looking for full timing map info for me until we can get it on the dyno. Any and all help would be great
Pretty exciting... He has it running pretty good, we have not road tested yet, but we only needed to add one sensor (intake air temp) all other sensors are completly stock. Got rid of a lot of unneeded sensors to simplify it
'92 TW "Hana" ej20tt obd1 <too many to list< sold :-( bought back :-)
'82 BRAT ej22t stroker 2.34L td05 megasquirt smart coils awic walbro255 xt6 f/w 5sp lsd 3" Tanabe t/b
*womans '04 WRX* scoopless/wingless aspen white.. AWIC
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: Megasquirt timing map

Post by cj91legss »

How hard was it to build the megasquirt?
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
justin the subie
First Gear

Haha. My friend that does it had a page by page sequence for all the soldering. I did it my self tho once we tested it we found that i am no master soldererr. I bridged one connection making my fuel pump not turn on. Pretty simple if u are good with a solder iron and got a guy checking your work and having the tools to do so
'82 BRAT ej22t stroker 2.34L td05 megasquirt smart coils awic walbro255 xt6 f/w 5sp lsd 3" Tanabe t/b
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I've built many MegaSquirts both for my own cars and friends cars. It's not hard to follow the directions and get the ECU soldered up but you have to know a lot about fuel injection theory to install, wire and tune properly. I've put them on several V8s, my friend's turbo 3800 V6 project car, a guy with an RX7, etc.

I always wanted to do it on one of my Turbo Legacys but I never was able to justify the cost for a daily beater car like my Subarus have always been. It would be a fun project and much more flexible than any factory Subaru ECU.

On timing, try for 30 degrees of advance at 100 kPa and pull 1 degree for every psi of boost. Hopefully you have a knock circuit or det cans or something so you can pull more timing if necessary.
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

I'm in the process of helping a buddy of mine build a MegaSquirt for my Legacy. It works, everything is together and the computer sees the ECU. But we're having trouble getting it to read the 6/7 cam/crank pulse.
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
justin the subie
First Gear

I dont know too much bout the technical stuff. But i belive my buddy said he had to add a resistor to my system. Tho i am not using a lot of the stock stuff. (Ecu maf map ect)
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

robertpaige wrote:I'm in the process of helping a buddy of mine build a MegaSquirt for my Legacy. It works, everything is together and the computer sees the ECU. But we're having trouble getting it to read the 6/7 cam/crank pulse.
Do you ever get sync or do you get sync loss intermittently? If you get sync while cranking and at low RPM but it cuts out at higher RPM then read this:
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 05#p282290