Power doors lock sttoped working

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

93wagonship
First Gear

Power doors lock sttoped working

Post by 93wagonship »

All of a sudden, all five doors stopped working. No bad fuse or relay. Strange. Called a guy who deal with this.

We have checked the driver's actuator and it is working. Power is reaching it too. Then the rear one on the driver's side. Everything great as well. The only difference between them is an sliding mechanism that have a contact wires to command the other doors (secondary and smaller set of wires).

Following the wires, we have found this under the dash. It's probably the remote central locking unit (key-less system).

Former owner have lost the main key with remote door opening. So we tried to fix some contacts that looked bad (reinforce the welds). Nothing. Then we fed power directly in there and got a response. But some on the actuators kind of of get jammed most of the times (to the point where you cannot even get it open manually with the key on the lock cylinder).

We have also noticed what seems to be an infrared frequency receptor on the driver's door, near to the lock cylinder. There is probably a switch in there and it could be the problem as we could find nothing else.

If anyone went through something similar, please help!!!

cheers
Wagonship: 1993 Legacy BF (High Roof Touring Wagon) EJ22 5-spd manual with low range \o/
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: Power doors lock sttoped working

Post by wtdash »

Hi,
On the USA models there was no keyless entry available from the factory (stock). The driver's side button actuated all the doors - depending on how far it's pushed...push 50% for the driver's door; push 100% for all the doors.

I'm 'guessing' that the keyless actuator that was installed to make this work is either broken or mis-adjusted.

Like this:

But I'm unclear if you already tried that (and I can't see pictures @ work).

Pull the panel off and either adjust it or just remove it if you don't have a keyless fob/remote.

I had intermittent issues w/the passenger door's keylock and had to ensure it was either fully UNlocked or locked from the DRIVER'S door b4 the actuator on the passenger door would work properly.

FWIW, I installed a keyless system on my car ('93 Legacy) and the only 'extra' actuator I installed and needed was on the driver's door.

GL,
TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
93wagonship
First Gear

Post by 93wagonship »

Completely different system :(

Mine has a lot of wires and seems that everything pass through the central

Yours seems more ikely the 95-on system that i saw here

Thank you for your help
Wagonship: 1993 Legacy BF (High Roof Touring Wagon) EJ22 5-spd manual with low range \o/
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You may be able to find wiring diagrams for the factory keyless entry system in the overseas Liberty factory manuals. You can download them from me.

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... SM_-_FULL/
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm