cruise control on a french car ?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Marc
In Neutral

cruise control on a french car ?

Post by Marc »

Hi everybody,
You know, in France, there are lots of limited speeds, and it is not always possible to conserve a look on the speedometer ! I have to choose... between the road and the speedometer !
So, I'm thinking about the possibility to make fit the genuine cruise control you receive in USDM cars...
And I would like to know if it is possible, and which parts are needed, or if it is not possible.
I searched on the forum before posting, but if I found lots of things, I did not have the answer I need.
I hope, you will help me !
Thank you very much !
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Re: cruise control on a french car ?

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

i found some of the parts its getting hard to find the older cars to get the wiring. i'll keep looking around
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cruise control on a french car ?

Post by Legacy777 »

Marc,

I think the first thing I would recommend checking is to see if there are wiring connectors where the vacuum pump would be on the passenger side of the car near the AC receiver-drier and to the right of the glove box for the cruise computer. If the wiring is already there, you should be able to just get the components: pump, actuator, computer, switch, etc and plug everything in. If the wiring is not there, it will be a much more difficult task to do.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm