Ignition issue car is down for a month now

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

volny
First Gear

Ignition issue car is down for a month now

Post by volny »

Heavy ticking sound under the dashboard , idles up and down by increments , car wants to stiffer and shutoff , stalls . Had a code for ignition switch and neutral switch. Replaced ignition switch assembly and put new computer , problem is still going on , it's likely electrical not mechanical , I cleaned iacv maf changes fuel filter etc....my spark plug s are black right now , it's starting to get a bit nerve racking to be Carless ...any input please post ! Thanks
janas19
In Neutral

Re: Ignition issue car is down for a month now

Post by janas19 »

Sounds like your problems are all over the place. When was the car last running right? That's what we need to provide you help. You have to start with the solid information and then work through it. You may have multiple issues going on at once. Start with the usual suspects and work your way through process of elimination: coil, cap, and plugs. If your plugs are black, as in black with oil deposits, you may have much deeper problems.

Start with when it was last running right!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Can you take a video of the ticking, and can you pin point where the ticking is coming from?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
volny
First Gear

Post by volny »

I will post pic as soon as Possible , my plugs are black and oily my buddy says I probably blew a gasket, I have to buy another car at this point , and slowly work on the soobie on the side
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well that sucks, but yeah if you can take your time to work on things that'll make it a little easier.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
chanley2010
First Gear

Post by chanley2010 »

Is any sort of climate control on when ticking is going on? After that have you checked the ignition relay to verify it is not clicking and makes constant connection? Any other codes in ecu?