no spark HELP!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

olsen726
In Neutral

no spark HELP!

Post by olsen726 »

hey guys.
i am having a no spark issue, and am wondering if anyone on here has any pointers for me.

Background:
bought a 1992 legacy ss with a slipping auto transmission, the car had been sitting for about a year and a half or so. drove it 3 hours home with the slipping transmission. I got the car home, dropped the transmission, ( installed tranny from underneath, so motor was never pulled) and swapped in a five speed/ hydraulic pedal assembly from my other car, well when i went to install the pedal assembly i learned that there was a stupid aftermarket car alarm, and they used the hole for the clutch slave to run the wires. ( one went to ground, one to power, one t'd into a wire that goes to the ignition pack, and one went to the small starter wire) i believe there was also an amp power wire that went through there as well. so i disconnected all of that crap ( they just had a spade connector into the starter wire, so i unplugged it and hooked the starter wire straight to the starter, and for the coilpack wire it was just T'd in with an alligator clip thing with a spade, so i pulled that spade out as well)

when i did the five speed swap i jumped wires 11 and 12 on the b15 connector as you are supposed to do in order for your starter to crank. but i haven't changed anything else yet on the wiring for the swap.

i also installed a fmic and new downpipe while i did all of this. I was planning on waiting until after the 5 speed swap to do the intercooler, but when i took the intake boot and turbo outlet boot off of the turbo they both cracked, so i decided to just install the front mount intercooler as well, rather than try to find temporary replacements for the turbo boots.

also when i was doing the swap i forgot to unhook the battery, and bumped something up against it( i dont remember what, i have been working on too many different cars the last couple of weeks, and they all jumble together in my head) and the igniter smoked for a second, so i thought that could be the issue. but i hooked up a spare igniter off of a n/a legacy, and the car still wasn't getting spark.

i have checked the fuses in the engine compartment, and swapped them around, and it hasn't fixed the issue. are there any under the dash that would affect spark?

i am going to check the yellow middle wire coming going to the coilpacks and see if it is getting power with the ignition on. from what i have read in my searches.

i am also getting codes 13, and 22 i think (plugged in the black wires under dash, and counted the long/short flashes)

13 is cam sensor, and i'm pretty sure that would affect the spark

anyways, sorry for the jumble of words, let me know if anything can be explained more clearly. i am hoping i can get this figured out soon
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Re: no spark HELP!

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Your right in if something is wrong with the cam sensor, it won't spark, but the NA and turbo use the same cam sensor. Check the main ground in the back of the intake, divers side.
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
olsen726
In Neutral

Post by olsen726 »

i will go check that out, so it goes from the main harness to the intake manifold on the passenger side?
olsen726
In Neutral

Post by olsen726 »

figured it out, cam sensor had come unplugged, my knock sensor also got ripped out, so i soldered on a new knock sensor plug, and plugged in my cam sensor, now she starts and runs!

but i have a new problem. my car wont move? i push in the clutch, and put it in gear, and let off of the clutch, and its like i am still in neutral?!?! i don't get it, it doesn't matter what gear i put it in, its like the car is in neutral
olsen726
In Neutral

Post by olsen726 »

i am going to try and bleed it better, and hope that that helps
olsen726
In Neutral

Post by olsen726 »

found the issue, the clutch fork somehow slid down while i was installing the transmission, now it is wedged against the ball, and wont budge
olsen726
In Neutral

Post by olsen726 »

fixed the clutch fork, and the kitten is back in action
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Congrats
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing