98 gsx ecu used on 90-94 turbo legacy

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

slipknot51
First Gear

98 gsx ecu used on 90-94 turbo legacy

Post by slipknot51 »

So the idea has been rolling around in my head. I know there are no tuning on the stock ecu for the 2.2t and that the ej20g ecu can be modified to work. Now both the 2nd gen eclipse gsx and the first gen turbo legacy use the same connector's. As for pin layouts they differ from each other. So a patch harness and the 2g ecu costing around 300 dollars. I don't know if it would be worth the effort to try and see if someone would be able to get the 2g ecu to work. The hardest part I would think would be to figure out how all the sensors on the turbo legacy read and see if they can be programmed into the new ecu or if sensors would need to be swapped over. I know that crank and cam triggers are different as well. Its just a pipe dream right now but hopefully this might spark something up and maybe one day a first gen can run on a mitsubishi dsm ecu and have the ability to be tuned
92 T- leg Tdo4/top mount,3" inch exhaust ,5 speed 2.5 rs trans, sti seats Wrx rear seats kartboy short throw shifter,Kyb gr2 struts
08 Spec b Legacy
mike-tracy

Re: 98 gsx ecu used on 90-94 turbo legacy

Post by mike-tracy »

There was a guy on here who got his ej22t to run on an 02 WRX ecu. He was missing things like idle air control and such. But it did run.

That's too much work IMO (full WRX harness merge). The ej20g ecu is designed for the same electronics and cam timing, so that's the easiest way imo. I went with the revtronix, then robtune, now I have an ESL daughter card in my ej20g ecu. Fully tunable, just not as flexible as your average standalone (it is limited to the same inputs and outputs as the stock ej20g ECU, cannot add meth control it or boost by gear etc) and your local tuner has definitely never tuned it lol.

It's more expensive than a Mitsubishi ecu for sure (it should be under $600 shipped if you don't go with his proprietary cable, which is just an ssm cable that should cost around $15 or so). But it just works and works well.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.