Speaker issues?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gr4cec4se
In Neutral

Speaker issues?

Post by gr4cec4se »

I just upgraded to 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i premium. I didn’t notice during the test drive, but since then I’ve noticed that the only speakers that are working the rear ones. I’ve played with the fader and settings and can get nothing out of the front speakers. I thought maybe they were blown, but I find it odd that none of them work. Am I missing a setting on the head unit? Has this happened to anyone else? Could a fuse be bad? Do they come stock with an external amplifier? Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega79
Second Gear

Re: Speaker issues?

Post by Omega79 »

Not sure if anyone here has that new of a Legacy or has dealt with them much. Generally that vintage the stereo is fairly straight forward. Do you know if anyone has done anything with the dash? That is pretty odd that both fronts are not making any noise. The stock head unit runs at a very different impedance than aftermarket stereo systems do, so if the front speakers have been swapped to something abnormal that could have something to do with it. Have you tried setting the fader all the way to the front and tried cranking the volume to see if anything comes out at all? Even hiss would be telling.

Points of possible failure would be: head unit, wires, speakers.
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.