Link g4+ vs haltech elite 1500

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

zeke
First Gear

Link g4+ vs haltech elite 1500

Post by zeke »

So I've decided to skip doing a robtune and go straight to standalone that way I can use my meth injection system. Im looking at the link and the haltech systems right now and cannot find a clear answer if one is really better than the other and can't find any info of anyone running the haltech on one of our cars and I know that Josh is running a link ecu. I know a lot more about what the haltech is capable of but the link is about 900 dollars cheaper. Any info that anyone has about the pros and cons of each would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
91 ss Ej22t dohc td04 sti Slanty haltech elite 1500
dankberries
Second Gear

Re: Link g4+ vs haltech elite 1500

Post by dankberries »

I think most importantly you need to keep in mind what you or your tuner is familiar with and capable of working with.
The haltech elite 1500 is an extremely powerful tuning software and capable of virtually everything imaginable. Haltech also has awesome customer support between north America and Australia.

I can't speak for link as I haven't used it and not to many local tuners work with it.

I've been using haltech for a couple years now and I'm over all happy with it. Comparatively AEM offers everything haltech does but alot more tuners are familiar with AEM over haltech.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I will echo dankberries's comments about what your local tuner is familiar with. That is going to be far more important. Most of the stand alones now are pretty similar and can do almost the same thing. I haven't looked at the Haltechs in years so I can't really comment about them. The Link G4+ ECU's are good ECU's and have more features than my Link G4. If I could easily upgrade to the G4+ I would consider it for a few things/issues Link has worked out.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

I think I will stick with the haltech that is what I was talking to my tuner about and he knows the software I didn't ask about the link but the haltech comes with a built in map and has wideband support without a CAN unit

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
91 ss Ej22t dohc td04 sti Slanty haltech elite 1500