Pnp standalone

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

zeke
First Gear

Pnp standalone

Post by zeke »

So I am about to order my ecu I have decided to go with a haltech elite 1500 there is the option for a plug and play harness that I was considering getting my question is do I need to treat the wiring like I am doing a rob tune install minus the ignition conversion because the haltech can be set up as wasted spark

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
91 ss Ej22t dohc td04 sti Slanty haltech elite 1500
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pnp standalone

Post by Legacy777 »

Can you provide some more information about the plug and play harness?

Does this allow you to plug in the stock ECU plugs to the Haltech or does it allow you to plug in the stock ECU plugs to this adapter and then you have to wire the Haltech to the adapter?

I had an adapter kind of like what I described above for my Link install. Below are pictures.

https://main.experiencetherave.com/suba ... install/05
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

This is the kit I am going to get https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-1509 ... iberty-rs/

It has the harness that plugs directly into the ecu and directly to the adapter plug so before I wire in my meth injection and my intake air temp sensor the sockets should be pinned as a stock ej20g ecu

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

If you're planning to use this for an ej22t equipped North American Legacy some of the pin outs are not going to be exactly right. I would suggest asking them if they could send you a pin out of how they have things wired in the adapter and if they could build a custom adapter. If not, you'll need to modify the wiring on the chassis side for those pins that don't match up.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

The haltech PnP harness uses the same 4 plug ECU connections found in the legacy, however it's wired for an ej20g ECU.

For this to work you will need to adapt the ej22t harness to work with an ej20g ECU. Following the steps for a RobTune ECU install will be the same.

Haltech provides wiring diagrams with the harness and ECU so will know what goes where.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

Yeah I called haltech earlier today to ask them and they said it was pinned the same as an ej20g. From the I/O pin outs from the ej20g and the ej22t that I will be using they all match up so I'm going to go ahead and order it with the patch harness. I will check back in once I get it installed and let anyone who is interested if it just plugs in and works or if there is anything else that needs to be done.

zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

So the kit is plug and play and the only wiring change I had to make is for my intake temperature sensor I've reassigned the maf signal wire to take car of it. I put the sensor in the bottom of the throttle body I thought thats where it would heat soak the least. Image