Led side marker retrofit/new driving lights/marker flash mod

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

85hpp
In Neutral

Led side marker retrofit/new driving lights/marker flash mod

Post by 85hpp »

So i got tired of my cheap ass buying cheap Chinese LED bulbs that keep glitching out or dying completely, so I retrofitted some Blazer brand LED 'dot' marker lights into my side markers, and some larger LED trailer marker lamps into the OE ones I'd already put in the bumper cover (the cheap junk that I put in 1st was glitching out also). The LED driving lights started glitching out too, this latest set is really slim and low profile, I love them. They also have a sequential turn signal built in that I haven't figured out yet... do our cars switch the grounds for our marker/turn signals??
I also performed the 'Daniel Stern marker flash mod', that at least works beautifully

Pete - '94 Legacy 2wd/auto - Mobile nightclub in progress
- '02 Legacy Outback Sedan Limited - heated leather seats, sunroof, shiny paint, cherry condition - all things new to me :)
- 2006 Honda Reflex 250cc
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Led side marker retrofit/new driving lights/marker flash

Post by Legacy777 »

85hpp wrote:They also have a sequential turn signal built in that I haven't figured out yet... do our cars switch the grounds for our marker/turn signals??

Can you explain the sequential turn signal?

Also, what do you mean by "switching" ground?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
85hpp
In Neutral

Re: Led side marker retrofit/new driving lights/marker flash

Post by 85hpp »

Legacy777 wrote:
85hpp wrote:They also have a sequential turn signal built in that I haven't figured out yet... do our cars switch the grounds for our marker/turn signals??

Can you explain the sequential turn signal?

Also, what do you mean by "switching" ground?
The white LED DRL's I installed have 'switchback' amber turn signal action, and it is sequential :)

And the wiring diagrams I have for our cars make it look like the parking/turn signal lamps get constant B+ voltage and the grounds are what get closed/opened to turn them on/off. It would explain why the turn signal feature of the DRL's doesn't want to cooperate...
Pete - '94 Legacy 2wd/auto - Mobile nightclub in progress
- '02 Legacy Outback Sedan Limited - heated leather seats, sunroof, shiny paint, cherry condition - all things new to me :)
- 2006 Honda Reflex 250cc