anybody out there + Megasquirt

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Del_Vega
In Neutral

anybody out there + Megasquirt

Post by Del_Vega »

is this forum alive? lol and anyone running megasquirt? thx
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: anybody out there + Megasquirt

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

There are still a few of us around, however the majority of the activity are on the various 1st gen Legacy Facebook groups.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Haven't heard of anyone successfully running megasquirt on an SS/TW. Something about not getting a good signal from the cam or crank sensor.

I've heard of people successfully running it on ej20g based imprezas, and those sensors and triggers are the same as ej22t. So maybe board members didn't try hard enough. Or possibly newer revisions of megasquirt supports those sensors and triggers better.

If you are comfortable tuning your own car, ESL is a good option, as well as Link's WRXLink Ver 1-2. I'm running the ESL, though I had a smart friend road-tune it for me.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Del_Vega
In Neutral

Post by Del_Vega »

Thanks! ive never been a big fan of facebook but the marketplace is like the new craigslist now.

I havent seen any ss running MS either. Kinda surprising. Makes me jealous of the support the miata and dsm community has for megasquirt. Yeah it seems the cam and crank signal needs resistors for the vr sensors. kinda hit or miss as to the right setup tho. and starting with megasquirt 2 it supports the 6/7 wheels. aside from that im sure theres other specifics like installing an IAT, getting the tps wired correctly 0-5v vs 5-0v. But that doesnt seem bad. Im just surprised it isnt all already done and documented like with most other platforms.

Looking into the esl, sounds interesting. but I like the idea of a new ecu tho as they arent getting any younger lol. Link looks like a nice setup but spendy. Im fine with wasted spark and batch fuel for half the price. you could also add sequential to ms2 if you want as well as lots of other more complicated high end features but i just simply want full control of fuel and spark