3 wire coil pack to 4 wire diamond pack.

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

91Legacyresto
First Gear

3 wire coil pack to 4 wire diamond pack.

Post by 91Legacyresto »

So, ive had a nice project going for the last 7 months. I have a question about upgrading my coil pack though. I was only able to find 1 thread on swapping from the old 3 wire coil pack to the newer 4 wire diamonds that came on newer subies.

As far as i know i believe i have to bypass my cars original igniter that sits directly above the transmission. The diamomds have their own igniter in the pack if im not mistaken? I wanted to know if anyone else has done this besides the rob 4 to 2 conversion for the 20g ecus. Should be pretty stright forward, i just need confirmation if i need to bypass my original igniter or not.

Car is 91 legacy wagon LS. 22e/25d hybrid. Vf28 and small fmic. Running speed density off of tunerstudio. Trying to start it here soon.
91 LS Turbo Project
91Legacyresto
First Gear

Re: 3 wire coil pack to 4 wire diamond pack.

Post by 91Legacyresto »

Pictures are, of the harness i created to use to the 4 wire coil pack, and the motor all complete waiting to have its first breath of boost.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

91 LS Turbo Project
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3 wire coil pack to 4 wire diamond pack.

Post by Legacy777 »

I haven't really researched this, but yes I believe the newer coil packs have a built in igniter so you would need to figure out how to wire things accordingly.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm