New engine update.....

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subiecar
In Neutral

New engine update.....

Post by subiecar »

:D My Paeco long block arrived Thurs. with all the new pumps, idlers, gaskets, etc. Ordered my Magnecor wires & they should arrive next week along with the custom intake, fuel filter and oil pan. Joel @ PDM (in Co.) has been a great help & along with Al`s suggestions, I should be in fat city! Here`s a breakdown as to what I`ve done so far and the next few steps after the engine is running (week of June 9th.) here goes....block is bored .040 over w/ 1/2" stroke-Arias 9:1 forged pistons with thermo coating-chrome moly steel rods-hard chromed crank-retained oil squirters-crank line bore checked-upgraded bolts throughout-copper head gaskets-heads had CCs checked-bronze guides-SS valves and seats-titanium retainers-upgraded valve springs to match torque cam-intake modified to parallel fuel feed with a billet, dual outlet fuel filter + extra port for additional injectors (if needed later)-380cc injectors were cleaned and balanced-turbo MAF to be added to operate injectors w/stock NA ECU-Walbro 255 lph fuel pump-new sending units for both tanks-Vortech RRFPR with stock FPR (for idle-will not be needed once the Unichip is installed)-stock TB (for now-will need more research before this mod is done)-MSD #6212 DIS-2 ignition w/boost timing master and rev control-modified air intake with K&N filter and i/s & o/s of air tubes from filter to TB thermo coated-2.25" up/down pipes with bellmouth and wastegate divider in DP-boost controlled alcohol injection (metanol or denatured) with manual volume control-Blitz turbo timer. Other upgrades include an Optima battery, JMO convertor, TransGo shift kit, upgraded trans cooler and factory filter system. All fluids are Redline synthetic including their water-wetter mixed with distilled water and upgraded anti-freeze (motor will be broken in with dino 10w-30 oil and changed 3 times in the first 1k miles.) After approx. 8k miles, the 10w-40 redline will go back into the crankcase. First mod after running will be another hi-flow cat and straight-thru 2.5" exhaust system. If you`re in the area, I have a Dynomax straight-thru muffler for you that`s in excellent shape. Next, the Unichip that will have drivers for boost, fuel, timing, etc. It`ll have 2 maps that are switchable between 91 octane settings and race gas. Next will be the 550cc injectors tied in with the Unichip install. Finally, I`ll add an IC once my turbo hood is modified for better air flow. BTW, I had reported before that I had a Garrett T20 turbo-wrong! It`s actually a T28 that`s designed for quick spool-up with a 60 AR for top end. It`s good for between 350-400 hp. I`ll keep everyone updated as to how each upgrade has helped and if it was worth the $$$. Sorry for the long post--Almost Running Rod
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Holy CRAP! Sounds like an amazing setup Rod. If you could take some pics for us that'd be great. Have fun and try not to get into too much trouble...once the car's running that is :D

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
subiecar
In Neutral

Post by subiecar »

:shock: I just got a new digital camera and have a scanner, so once the car is cleaned up I`ll post some underhood and outside pictures. BTW, anyone in the NorCal area familiar with a cryo-treating facility in our area? I have the WRX front brakes and turbo rears ready for some treatment. Also, the guy that did my thermo-coating also does calipers and rotor hats; helps keep heat away from critical parts of the braking system. Another question: is anyone going to the SEMA show and the west coast Subaru meet this year in early November? Let me know as I`m ordering my tickets (as an associate with Forced Air Technologies.) Some of you may think I`m either rich or stupid or both for putting so much into my car. I`ve been doing this to some degree since 1962 and can`t think of a better way to spend my money. I`ll be 59 this Nov. in age and 25 in spirit. If I can help by trying different things before you guys do, maybe I can save someone some grief. Enough said---Rod :!:
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Well said Rod. For cryo-treating, you may want to ask the same question on the i-Club or NASIOC. Try posting it in the Bay Area section, as I'm sure some of those guys can point you in the right direction. I may be heading out to SEMA, I'm just not sure right now. When's the west coast meet anyways?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Rod if you don't mind shipping the place up in tacoma, wa I used is good.....but I understand your desire not to want to pay for shipping ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm