Coolant and oil lines td04

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dillonr92
First Gear

Coolant and oil lines td04

Post by dillonr92 »

I have searched alot of threads and haven't found much of an answer for the coolant hoses and oil lines.

I know I use the vf11 oil hard line for the td04.

So.. to clarify.

do I Un bolt the oil hard line from the turbo, leave connected to the engine?

then use the oil line bolt from the vf11, for the td04?

as for coolant lines what do i do there? the td04 coolant line is aimed in a different direction?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
92 SS winestone red. td04 - FMIC. RWD 5 spd swap/LSD.dead...
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Coolant and oil lines td04

Post by James614 »

I'm pretty sure I re-used all my VF-11 lines when I ran a TD04. It required me to cut a tab holding two of the lines together to fit right.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

To echo Jame's comment, I too had to cut the tab holding the two lines together. I don't know if it's the same for the TD04 as it is for the TD05, but I had to enlarge the coolant lines as the bolt holes were larger on the TD05. It may just be a TD05 thing though.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Hi,

Just re-use the stock SS oil line on the TD04 - watch out for the copper oil washers/gaskets above and below the banjo bolts. You can loosen the oil line bolt (17mm) @ the head to make it a bit easier to move around....or you may want to remove it to do the turbo swap. It also has the copper washers on either side of the banjo bolt.

FWIW, I've always re-used my washers w/out issue.

Coolant:
You'll need to cut (or just bend back and forth 'til they come apart) the TD04 lines so the top one can be pointed @ the stock SS's tank....or use the stock VF11 lines - they should bolt up.

If you use the TD04 lines, you'll likely need to bend both lines to line up w/the stock SS water lines....you'll need to rotate the top one toward the back of the car to fit under the TMIC and its silicone hoses. Make sure the bottom coolant line is straight into the rubber hose...don't want any uneven pressure that could cause the hose to rip/tear @ the insertion point. I use a large Phillips screwdriver inserted into the coolant lines to bend them as needed - FWIW.

The VF11 / TD04 water lines need enlarged to fit the TD05's bolts/holes.

TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

Thanks for the replies. I ended up using both of the vf11 water lines as the bottom coolant line as it was a bit longer than the tdo4 one.
92 SS winestone red. td04 - FMIC. RWD 5 spd swap/LSD.dead...
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20