Turbo Question - please help

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

aunut5
In Neutral

Turbo Question - please help

Post by aunut5 »

Alright I'm in the process of adapting a Saab 900 turbo to my Jeep Wrangler and this question keeps popping up... somehow I need to route exhaust into the Turbo... HOW MUCH exhaust? Can I just connect it to the pipe? Do I need to have a metered amount? Does anyone know how much boost the Saab 900 turbo produce? How would ya'll connect the exhaust to the turbo? Any help would be GREAT. :lol:
teesaa
In Neutral

Post by teesaa »

Wrong forum!

If the Wrangler has no turbo in it to start with, forget it.
Legacy 200 STW MY92
aunut5
In Neutral

right

Post by aunut5 »

You can turbo any vehicle sorry your not mechanically inclined enough to understand that.
RaZor
In Neutral

Post by RaZor »

Just by looking at the type of question you ask, you heard somewhere that any vehicle can be turbo!! It's true that you can turbo any vehicule!! But it's a high cost an not easy project to do it on a car that was not meant no be turbo. Read on the net about how tubos work and then y'oull probably have the answer to your questions...
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

You've found the wrong place to ask this question because we aren't a Jeep forum nor a Saab forum. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way it is.

Now, to answer your question, if you ARE going to turbo your jeep (i don't know why, that seems VERY couter productive to what a jeep really is.. boarderline stupid almost) the you need to route ALL exhaust through the turbo.

Now then, i'm locking this thread because this discussion is over.

Search for your answer before you post from now on aunut5.
-Jason Grahn