Boost Leak...

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

If test-fitting the intercooler fixed your problem, you probably had a small leak at one of the intake fittings. Were any of the clamps a little too easy to loosen or anything?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Possibly. I had removed the test fit intercooler setup and just reinstalled it to get the car out of the garage before leaving for school. I must have just tightened down the clamps a bit better this time. But it seems to be fine, so I'm stoked.

I kind of want to paint the IC->TB hose black so it looks a bit more factory. I think with the new pipe (which is sandblasted for a uniform look) the whole setup will look like it was meant to be that way.

What does everyone think of how it's coming so far?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

I'm jealous, but I like the way it's coming along

all you need next is to register the damn thing :)
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Jealous? Of what?

Yea, yea yea, bike is back on e-bay. Hopefully it'll sell. If it doesn't, I am going to be SO pissed.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

:twisted: Looks good Phil! I like it a lot.

Mine doesn't rest on the nipples it just puts pressure on the hoses. I also don't have it mounted with a bracket or anything either, so with the amazing amount of torque that Subarina's laying down ;) it tends to move around a little. I would recommend trying to mount it to the firewall.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, I was thinking about making a mount out of the Ignitor mount so I could keep the ignitor mounted to metal and support the IC.

I think I will just end up fabbing something up this weekend when it all goes together and I know how it will actually sit.

Hitting a quick rev with the hood open, I realized how much the engine rocks side to side. I really need some STi engine mounts to keep that torque monster at bay.