What do I have?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

-K-
Third Gear

What do I have?

Post by -K- »

I think I heard RHB52 but I'm not sure. I have a RHB52 off a 88 Ford t-bird that I was looking at putting the compressor on my RHB5 (for my 87 GL-10). Or getting a GAR flange on the crossover and bolting the whole thing on. But I found a Legacy Turbo and am very happy with it. So what to do with turbo in my garage.....
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Some of them say RHB5, others say RHB52.

Both the compressor and turbine housing on the two are completely different, as you've probably seen, so perhaps the only usable portion that could be transplanted between them is the center section and wheels...
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
-K-
Third Gear

turbo

Post by -K- »

I think I'm going to put the compressor housing and wheel on the RHB5 for kicks. (my GL-10 is down with a blown headgasket) I fit it up once and I think all I need to do is make a 10-20thou gasket for the housing to clear the wheel. The intake is different, maybe 30deg inlet instead of 90 and much bigger. I don't know how it compares to the Legacy turbo but it might be bigger....
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt