Stupid Autometer boost gauge

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Stupid Autometer boost gauge

Post by 94SS_Canada »

I thought it was as simple as pluging in the boost line instead it got all these retarded adapters, can someone show me theres from the gauge in a picture do i have to use that hard line stuff, i hate this, also for the light on it can i just wire in the power to my ACC? Also which wire is the ACC?

Thanks
FastRust
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

mine is hooked up to my number four runner with a 1/8 vacuum line but it is a cheap gauge from work and i made my own adapter to plug the vacuum line into. i also get needle jump ranging from 1-2 psi, as for the light i believe ther is a red wire coming from the back of the stereo that is your acc, but it would probably be better if you could wire it into the headlight swith so that it only comes on when you turn your lights on.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

I bought my own vaccum line and tossed the crap that came with my autometer in the trash.
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Good info Guys, Wiring it into my headlight wire would be an excellent idea, If i knew which wire it was,

What about getting the boost line to fir snuggly, like the nit on the back is big and the adapters only allow the line to be shoved through rather than put around it, Or Should i use that rubber thing?

thanks guys
FastRust
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

This is what I ended up rigging for my Autometer boost gauge, that T, obviously goes between the runner.

I tied the power for the gauge into the ash tray light -- that way it'll dim with the rest of the lights. As for the rest of the adaptors that came with the kit, I used them (no pics, but just follow the manual).

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Thats the thing i tried following the manual. Could i have a pic of the backside of that gauge?

Also i dont think my ash tray has a light? Or does it?

Thanks for those pics though
FastRust
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Yea, I can take a pic of the backside tomorrow in the light (I'm not going to take it all apart though), but really it's just following the manual on the order of the tubing, compression nuts, and ferrule (they can be a bitch to slide over the tube if slightly crushed!). I recall I ended up using one of the angled nuts for the tubing so it would be at a 90* angle and leave the pod downwards.

My ash tray has a light in the very back, take it out and look -- or the whole stereo / center dash thing and you should see the place where the light/wires would be.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 TW | R.I.P.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Thanks, The ferrule i have not been able to get in properly, What does it do? I slightly bent the edges but thats it?

Also how can that line that just shoves in there be air tight.

Does the Ferrule go so there is a hole and you can see through it or do you put it sideways and when pressure builds it turns open?
FastRust
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

94SS_Canada wrote:Thanks, The ferrule i have not been able to get in properly, What does it do? I slightly bent the edges but thats it?
I believe that in tandom with the compression nut, creates an air tight seal. If you have it all screwed in properly, you shouldn't be able to pull the tube out once the nut is tightened down.

Yes, if the ferrule is crushed even a little, it'll be a bitch to slide over the tubing. It IS required though.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 TW | R.I.P.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

OH I SLIDE IT OVER THE TUBING! THATS WHAT MAKES THE SEAL, GOD IM DUMB SOMETIMES

Thanks man!

(sorry for the CAps)
FastRust
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Here is the backside of gauge:

I do recall now that it was a hassle to get those adapters through the housing for the gauge pod due to it being a tight fit.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 TW | R.I.P.