Turbo Model

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

JoKO
In Neutral

Turbo Model

Post by JoKO »

Hi there, I'm got a '92 Liberty RS. Wana know what kind of turbo is on the car and what can I look for to replace it? Thx.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Turbo Model

Post by kimokalihi »

Its a tiny vf11. Spools super fast and runs out of breath quick. Its worth about $25. Probably leaking oil. Its a little smaller than a td04 from an 02 wrx. Which is a common replacement along with a wrx top mount intercooler. Any bigger and you'll need a fuel pump, injectors, tuning, jecs mass airflow sensor.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Kimo, you sure the Liberty RS has the vf11? Not the 8, 10 or 12?
euroshark
First Gear

Post by euroshark »

im sure its a vf10 but i may be wrong
http://r-hgarage.com/ -CLICK ME
92 legacy ss 5spd white- track car
03 wrx wagon 5spd silver- DD
84 chevy k20 4spd 4x4 blue lifted on 35"- wheeler/heavy hauler
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Oh my bad. lol Didn't even notice sorry.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
JoKO
In Neutral

Post by JoKO »

So is it a VF10??
crisco
First Gear

Post by crisco »

it's probably either a VF10 or VF11. are you automatic or manual trans? either way, the turbo is almost identical in size and layout (between VF10 anf VF11). are you in Australia or NZ?

there's a jdm EJ20G at a shop close by with a VF11 on it. i can take pics if you want. however there are lots of pics on here and besides, you can always look on the turbo and see what it says - the turbo model is printed on the turbo itself. look at the flat spot area and clean off some grease if needed.
--- crisco --- 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero---
JoKO
In Neutral

Post by JoKO »

Im in Australia. Car is a manual. I picked up a second hand TD04 from a Subi wrecker earlier today (NOT TD04L, TD04H nor TD04HL; just TD04 - cos apparently, it's a tad better than the original VF and is also a straight bolt-on) and he told me that the one that's on my Liberty RS is a VF10.

Now I'm trying to pull the TD04 apart cos I wana rebuild it myself before putting it my RS but it's givin me a hard time coz the circlip holdin the shaft in the compressor housing is freakin seized!

I'v bought a spray can of anti-corrosion thingy to loosen it up but it still won't budge. Any Idea how I can get it out?

Thx.