Turbo not kicking in after throttle body cleaning.

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skidder
In Neutral

Turbo not kicking in after throttle body cleaning.

Post by skidder »

Today on my 93' Legacy Sport AWD turbo I reinstalled my throttle body after it's first cleaning in probably the life of the car. I took it for a test drive and it drove fine but noticed the turbo would not kick in at all. Everything is stock on this car and runs beautifully before and now, just no turbo. The only thing I could think of is that I did not disconnect the battery through the whole process. The only thing I disconnected was the plug on the throttle body to remove it. My "check engine" light is now on which was not before the cleaning. Do I need to have the computer reset or should I find out really what the "check engine" light means? I'm pretty sure it means no turbo and how could I make it work again? Thanks for your time.

P.S. I do not have a code reader.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: Turbo not kicking in after throttle body cleaning.

Post by wtdash »

Hi,
Welcome!

The check engine light, known as a CEL on here, needs to be checked by following this procedure listed HERE (click HERE).

It sounds like you bumped a vacuum line off the turbo, but once you pull the codes you'll know better where to work.

Report back and we'll go from there.

Please be sure to search this site using the Search area @ top as the CEL is a common topic.

GL,
Td
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
skidder
In Neutral

Re: Turbo not kicking in after throttle body cleaning.

Post by skidder »

Here is a link from my problem from start to finish and what I found out. I posted a few photo's also.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 85437.html