Another BOV que

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Elcapitan
First Gear

Re: Another BOV que

Post by Elcapitan »

Thank you Josh. Noted.
James614, I guess so. Can't see it knowing when so it would prolly just correct for the current condition but not remember.
cj91legss, I can see how that would happen esp after factoring in the aspect Josh added on turbulence (which I hadn't considered before).

Thank you all for your help and contribution. Once I get something going I will get back to you and give you some details. You all have a good one.
MY 91 legacy RS (Erin)
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

No problem. Welcome to the board.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Doesn't the stock BPV's output already get plumbed back in post-MAF as the air it is recirculating is already metered / accounted for in the system on its' way in?

Been too long since I had the stock BPV on. Been running an HKS SSQV vented to atmosphere for several years. It might have been a contributing factor to my T-bird hybrid turbo's current oil leak... I wonder if I've been damaging the turbo with compressor flutter / surge over the years.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Yeah, the stock BPV does that. The issue here was trying to fool the ECU into learning how to run atmospheric without going rich between shifts.

I don't see how running atmospheric would damage the turbo. As long as pressure is being relieved, there shouldn't be any compressor surge regardless of where it goes.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.