Fuel cut??

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

vankin31
In Neutral

Fuel cut??

Post by vankin31 »

So I got a 91 ss with a td04, tmic, and ej20g ecu swap with all the necessary components. I can not floor my car at all. I had a manual boost controller, then switched to stock, then just ran turbo to waste gate. No matter what I did, at about 3.5k rpms my car feels like it stalls and will not accelerate unless I switch gears up... This has been going on for awhile and I finally have some free time to fix it. I'm not sure if it's a bad ecu or turbo. I've sorta already changed everything except the engine, turbo and ecu lol. Any help would be awesome. Image
dankberries
Second Gear

Re: Fuel cut??

Post by dankberries »

Elaborate a little more. Was the car running successfully OK on the 20g ecu? Or did the problems occur after the upgrade?
Is the factory wastegate solenoid still hooked up?
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
vankin31
In Neutral

Post by vankin31 »

I did the ecu and td04 swap at the same time. When it was stock it was still hitting fuel cut on the vf11 and stock ecu but way later and it was not all the time. The factory solenoid is still hooked up. I tried using it and I still hit fuel cut.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

HI,
What CODES are active/stored in the ECU? Search on here if you need to know how to pull them.

And for anyone else that reads this, always best to fix your car while STOCK b4 upgrading and adding more potential variables to trouble-shoot.

Td
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

Is the picture above a picture in the car's current state? If so I see you still have the coil pack in there, did you do something to be able to run the ej20g individual ignition with the wasted spark ignition setup?

I agree, you should check for codes stored in the ECU. Instructions are on my site.

www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/engine.html
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm