lack of power, slooow to boost- intermittent

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

susiemk
In Neutral

Re: lack of power, slooow to boost- intermittent

Post by susiemk »

It may sound pretty stupid but

Do you have good Vacuum values (18-20 in park / N)?

Is compression good on all cyl?
Ive seen a never ending lean condition on a car with low compression on 1 cyl

Have you checked the knock sensor for cracks in the plastic?
This will give you false knock readings & pull times whenever its feels like it?

If knock sensor is OK have tried to run the car with a knock sensor (a spare sensor is best) plugged into the harness but not bolted to the block (zip-tie it securely to a hose or something soft) ?
This can help to eliminate the k-sensor as the cause of your problem

Is the wiring of your 02 sensor OK - pins fully terminated & engagement points nice & tight?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You could try disconnecting the plug to the O2 sensor and see if that changes anything. I don't think you can really "clean" an O2 sensor.

Regarding the filter and MAF, did you have problems before you changed the intake setup? If not, try going back to what you had previously.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
bcmaxx
First Gear

Post by bcmaxx »

susiemk wrote:It may sound pretty stupid but

Do you have good Vacuum values (18-20 in park / N)?

Is compression good on all cyl?
Ive seen a never ending lean condition on a car with low compression on 1 cyl

Have you checked the knock sensor for cracks in the plastic?
This will give you false knock readings & pull times whenever its feels like it?

If knock sensor is OK have tried to run the car with a knock sensor (a spare sensor is best) plugged into the harness but not bolted to the block (zip-tie it securely to a hose or something soft) ?
This can help to eliminate the k-sensor as the cause of your problem
Thanks for the suggestions. All vacuum lines new. Compression is great. No vacuum leaks. Its between 19-20 in park. Knock senor oem subaru brand new properly torqued. I have a spare i can plug in and try!
Is the wiring of your 02 sensor OK - pins fully terminated & engagement points nice & tight?
bcmaxx
First Gear

Post by bcmaxx »

Legacy777 wrote:You could try disconnecting the plug to the O2 sensor and see if that changes anything. I don't think you can really "clean" an O2 sensor.

Regarding the filter and MAF, did you have problems before you changed the intake setup? If not, try going back to what you had previously.
I only had a similar problem when the old engine was puking oil into the intake and contaminating the maf and intercooler. I think ill unplug the 02 and go for a drive. Then return the intake to normal ill post up my findings
bcmaxx
First Gear

Post by bcmaxx »

so I'm feeling like an idiot, it may have been my aem trueboost spring open settings causing, boost spike and oscillation ( quicker than i would see on the gauge) I have set it to zero and so far so good, I'm going to drive it all week and report back if that was in fact the problem all along. not too sure why it would be intermittent, ill be isolating the tru boost to confirm, just run of wastegate spring in the mean time