Turbo oil return line leak?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gemiller
In Neutral

Turbo oil return line leak?

Post by gemiller »

Anyone make a replacement return line kit for these cars or know of one that works? Also, how in the world do I get to it? It seems near impossible to replace? I've got it dripping on my header making a nasty smell. Not enough that I see oil loss of any notability but the burnt oil smell is obnoxious. Thanks in advance!
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan
2013 WRX Premium Sedan
mike-tracy

Re: Turbo oil return line leak?

Post by mike-tracy »

You'll have to pull the turbo to replace that line. I always replace it with OEM, but I believe you could get an aftermarket one on Amazon or ebay. I used worm drives to secure it, instead of the factory clamps.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
PaulMcP80
In Neutral

Post by PaulMcP80 »

Wait, there are Legacy-dedicated oil return lines and other spares on Amazon? Are they standard Subaru models, or more recent parts that happen to fit on older cars?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Standard for Subaru through 2007 at least. I picked one for a WRX, or STI, same part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E6DR3 ... asin_title
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I think I have this same issue, but the only place I can see oil drips is the exhaust manifold studs on the bottom of the head. Can not see how in the heck it is getting there. Where were your drips noticeable? I got a new valve cover gasket, but I really doubt it is going to take care of the problem.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.