what RPM do you get full boost?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dorj76
In Neutral

what RPM do you get full boost?

Post by dorj76 »

Hi all!

I'd like to know at what RPM should i be getting full boost (8,7 PSI)? It seems that at 2800-2900 i'm at 6-7 PSI and the car seems to hesitate to go to 3000 then, finally i'll get my 9 psi. Should i be getting full boost earlier? Keep in mind i have an automatic for the time being.

I was wondering if it's my wastegate actuator that's giving me some free games? if i unplug the wastegate, the turbo will spool up very fast up to cut off. But if i put my MBC in place of the high pressure valve (boost solenoid) and close it, the wastegate still opens at 9 psi. *?????*

Are the springs in the actuator too sensitive that it opens to minimal pressure? My Turbo XS MBC still let's air through when closed and it seems to be enough to open the gate.

what do you guys think?
* On va l'avoir not' permis de biére! *

93 Turbo SS
TurboXS MBC
2.5" custom downpipe and catback
K&N Air filter
morgie
Third Gear

Post by morgie »

Moi j'dis que .. oups english ;)

Just a little note here. I was never able to get more than 9psi before i changed for a complete new exaust line (and removed that cloged catalyser). (was running with a MBC). now, i can get as much psi i want. but i run 11psi.

I usualy get full boost at around 2300rpm or 2500rpm (but slowly). At Higher RPM, full boost comes in less that a second.

with my old exaust line, it was taking a while to get full boost :\
morgie
'98 4Runner V6 Manual 4x4.