Update from turbo blues....

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subiecar
In Neutral

Update from turbo blues....

Post by subiecar »

:idea: After talking to many people and finally settling on Joel from PDM turbos in Co., I have an update as to my dilemna. :lol: I`ll keep the turbo I have now (some cleanup needed) and focus on the basics. Joel is modifying a turbo intake with the parallel fuel delivery and a company in Boulder is cleaning and balancing the injectors. He`ll send a turbo MAF to work with my stock ECU and 380cc/min. injectors. A billet, reusable fuel filter will have a seperate outlet for both fuel rails AND an extra one for the (2) injectors that`ll be mounted just behind the throttle body (this is next and requires a seperate controller, but the stock ECU will be retained.) The boost control will be handled by my MSD DIS-2 unit and the manual portion will be replaced by a Blitz unit that Joel has found to be sucessful. Next, an air/water IC from PDM that will keep heat soak to a minimum (air/air won`t work for me due to lack of room and my future need for 20+ lbs. boost on a regular basis.) Realistic results: with 12 lbs.-approx. 275 HP-with above added and 20 lbs.-350+. Any more will have to come from nitrous injected with the 2 additional injectors (next year as I`m quickly running out of $!) I`m changing the oil del`y. and return for the turbo based on PDM`s pan and braided lines. Along with the JMO convertor, I`ll be adding a Trans-Go shift kit that Josh recommended. Again, sorry for the long post but I think the info is important. Any questions you have will be gladly handled. :D Rod
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!