My car was stolen Portland, OR area

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

jdeiss
In Neutral

My car was stolen Portland, OR area

Post by jdeiss »

So, my car was stolen from in front of my house this past Friday morning here in Portland, OR. If your in the area (or NW) and happen to notice an out of place/new to your area legacy wagon I'd appreciate any information. Or if you have any thoughts or experience tracking down a stolen car I'd take those thoughts too.

Its a 1994 white subaru legacy wagon, NA automatic about 273,000 miles, engine and transmission are original. It has 2002-2005 impreza wheels on (split 5 spoke kind), when I rebuilt the calipers I painted them blue. The headlight are LED ones, so they're bright. It has no roof rack or raised roof. The windows are slightly tinted, and it has a sun roof. On the outside that's about it for distinguishing features.

On the inside if you happen to be looking at a 94, its blue interior manual seat belts (swapped), custom stereo (speakers in the front corners of the windows, sub in the back). The engine has a modified intake and exhaust form the headers up to the muffler (haven't found a muffler I liked yet).

Any way, I thought I'd post this hoping somebody noticed a new legacy in the area in the past few days. Personally, I key in on new 1st gens in my area, good to see them rolling around.

Thanks in advance for any information!

I've been on this forum for a few years, but haven't asked questions because everyone here has so much info up already. About 3 years ago I was getting close to getting rid of the car just due to accumulated "quirks" but ironed them out and updated a lot so its a much nicer car thanks the wealth of information here.

Y'all are awesome!!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My car was stolen Portland, OR area

Post by Legacy777 »

Sorry to hear about your Legacy getting stolen. I'd suggest calling the police and filing a report right away if you haven't already done so. Keep an eye on craigslist and Facebook marketplace too.

Hopefully you get it back.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
jdeiss
In Neutral

Post by jdeiss »

Thanks Josh. Got those set up early on, and I'd second adding Facebook and Craigs list as extra to the police too.
jdeiss
In Neutral

Post by jdeiss »

Got it back. It was found in the Portland airport economy lot. Didn't think to look there. The interior is all messed up and the some wiring is messed up, no battery. But could have been way worse. It'll be fixed and running again.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Glad you found it and it wasn't too badly damaged.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm