Tuesday Sucks!!!!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tuesday Sucks!!!!

Post by Legacy777 »

I must say...the Judicial system in this country is a complete and utter sham!!

I spent 4 hours in a freaking court this morning for a speeding ticket I got over 6 months ago......well after 4+ hours I was the last case before the judge recessed for lunch.......the ticket didn't get dismissed.....should've used a different lawyer....these guys were a bunch of jackasses.....but I did get deferred judification....it's a texas thing where if I don't get any tickets on my record for the next 3 months, the current ticket gets dismissed......so that's not bad......it was just the biggest pain the arse going down town and dealing with all that BS....missing work....still paying almost what the ticket was and lawyer fees.....grrrr

Work wasn't too bad....however when I get home I get a call on my cell.....from a guy in Salt lake City wanting admin rights on some new servers we setup......he cranks and moans about needing access....then his boss comes on the line.....I try to suit their needs......I set stuff up, but this guy is freakin retard.....even after me sending him an email and explaining how to fix it....he still can't get it to work, and then gets huffy with me and tells me to just give him my admin info.....I told him I was using the admin info I just setup for HIM....he's like....oh......dumbass!!!

They were like we need access to all these servers....NOW.....so i spent a good hour adding accounts, etc......and of course by the time I got done it was past 5....so they probably weren't there, and I never did get any confirmation whether he could get access......tomorrow will be fun....I gave my boss a heads up to expect a call tomorrow from idiot guys.....I may get to take away all the access I just gave too....hahahaha....

This day just needs to die!!!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You get to complain about work, well I do too :D

My Toyota dealership decided to do inventory on Thanksgiving weekend!!! :evil: When the largest dealer (of ANY car) in the entire metropolitan area does inventory, it's quite an event. It's basically one humongous bin check, of every last part, in the entire parts department. It's utter mayhem! We only do it once a year, and it landed on last weekend!!!

The entire dealer was closed on Turkey day itself, so that was okay, but Friday was one big prep day. I did everything from sweep up and throw trash out, to moving engines and body parts around. I was there for 9 hours Friday...

Then I resumed my normal schedule Saturday, which meant I had to be there at 6:30AM... Inventory didn't start until 1PM, and I thought I could sleep in for once, but I still had to drive the van like I always do... So 1PM, we started, and things went okay, not too bad, but my partner and I had the misfortune of having to count all the little stuff: bolts, nuts, oil seals, bumper clips, some boxes had 1 part in them, some had 40! And every individual one had to be counted... I ended up leaving about 8:30PM Saturday nite, for a total of 14 hours on the dealer premises. I went home and worked on the XT to relax...

Inventory wasn't what bothered me. Working on Thanksgiving weekend didn't bother me either. Working inventory on Thanksgiving weekend is what peeved me!! :evil:

Okay rant off... Feel better now :)
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Thanksgiving I met my lesbian sister's roommate who was born a woman and is now a gay man (?!). Then I met this hot Chinese girl who's a friend of my sister's friend and who goes to Harvard who I later found out had read my book and got real turned on by the sex scenes (my sister's friend gave her my number). 8) Saturday I went out with this one girl I'm trying to move on and a couple of her friends and Sunday I watched the Patriots win and had pizza.

I woke up at ten this morning and found out around two that it had snowed! Then I saw on the news that everyone who had to work got caught up in these huge traffic jams caused by idiots who forgot what snow was. Then I ate food, had a beer, and wrote.

Maybe that's not so bad... I like being unemployed.

Sorry guys.. :lol:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Steve,

Sounds interesting :)

What book did you write?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

Josh,

Hey, Charles here.

What kind of servers do you admin? Web? Database? others?

I'm a network admin also and I feel your pain bro.
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Legacy777 wrote: What book did you write?
:shock: I didn't even know you were a writer. Are you published? That does sound like a pretty good weekend.

Josh, sounds like a hell of a day. I completely agree about the Judicial system. I got a DUI ( I know I'm an idiot but I really wasn't very impaired) over three years ago and I'm still getting screwed over from it. Besides losing my license for 2 months, I payed about 3K in legal fees and fines. Then when I was at my DUI classes everyone had to say why they got pulled over and I kid you not everyones story was like " I hit 3 parked cars then a telephone pole" or "I ran from a check point, ran a red light and hit a another car". There was even one guy that hit 2 kids that were playing in the street, almost killing them. Then they get to me and I'm like " I turned right on a red when it was posted 'no turn on red'". All these people got the exact same punishment as me! Then recently the company that carried my auto insurance stopped covering PA so when I go to get a new carrier it's showing my DUI and no one will cover me! Finally progressive picked me up but my premium is 3 times as much. In March it gets removed from my record so I should be in the clear then but my god does it ever end?

subyluvr, that is so **itty that they would pull that crap on thanksgiving weekend. I would have been uber pissed.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I'm trying to be a writer. I've been writing for years but actually only completed a novel I liked recently. I'm looking for an agent now. I had contacts in publishing, but they are now unemployed and of no help :x . Anyway, the book will definitely get published at some point, i'm not worried about that.

The novel's Midnight in a Perfect World. It's about a frustrated idealist that falls into transporting weapons for a cult. He falls in love and they try to leave. Writing the sequel, too. The whole series is about him trying to find peace with a violent world.

Oh yeah, and he drives a turbo Legacy wagon. :wink:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Steve, as a journalist major, I would be interested in reading what you've got, if that's okay with you...

I'm not quite sure what I wanna do with my major yet, my real dream would be senior editor of Car and Driver or something to that effect. But alas, I'm only Journalism Pending at this point, I haven't even taken any classes yet...

Matt, if it weren't for the fact that two people in my night crew shift hadn't already quit, leaving me as pretty much the only person at night, I woulda told them to kiss my ass. But I could use the $$$ right now, at least inventory pay is $10/hr not taxed...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Well,
Many people on the outside looking in might think my Tuesday sucked. I resigned my job on the spot at 4:45pm and walked out. It was a situation that had been building. I tried to work things out with them, but we hit a wall when they tried to change my commission deal on a program I was putting in place for them. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am not pissed off or feel screwed. I just didn't feel I could work in an environment where I was going to resent them over the money situation and not feeling as valued as my contribution level. We actually parted on good terms and I think he realized he had screwed up but was to proud to back down. I think he initially thought it was a game of chicken and he had won by drawing the line. But then he realized I wasn't making some manipulative idle threat and was just being honest with how I felt. I thought I was going to have to pick his jaw off the floor. But what can I say, he's the 25 year old CEO of a struggling start up and there are hard lessons to learn and it is not my burden to bear to teach him such things.

So, I too am now unemployed. I picked up some holiday work at a freind's climbing/camping store that I helped him found a few years ago. But long term, who knows. The goal was and is grad school next fall. So I really only need to find something for the next 8-10 months. Plus, my Copper Mountain season pass is paid for. Oh, and my girl is moving in, so my bills just went down. Perfect timing. So I guess over all life is good...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I slept tuesday, ALL day tuesday, so it pretty much didn't happen ;)

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

QuickDrive wrote:Josh,

Hey, Charles here.

What kind of servers do you admin? Web? Database? others?

I'm a network admin also and I feel your pain bro.
It's a little tricky....my normal job is admin natural gas pipeline operating data database servers.....that's the normal job.....however I've been loaned out to our automation group, and been working on the servers at each compressor station. These servers display real time data and pass info onto our scada system & onto the database I work with.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Oh yeah, and he drives a turbo Legacy wagon.
sweet....:)

Matt.....yeah....it sucks feeling unappreciated.....I do know how you feel.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Tuesday

Post by Tleg93 »

Cool, you're a writer Steve. I am also trying to write a novel. I happen to be a big sci-fi and fantasy buff so that's the style of story I am trying to write. Anyway, my tale is called "The Jewels of Alloquia" and it's a huge story (maybe too huge). I write a little on it each day and comes together a little more each time. I'm just now realizing how hard it is to create a good fantasy plot. Since everything has been hashed and rehashed it's got to be original to be a page turner. I'm glad to hear that there's another writer in the crowd here and it's bad ass that you threw a legacy turbo in your story. I'd like to read it if you can point the way.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I'm willing to send the first two chapters to anyone who wants it as it introduces all the main characters and the car.

My first attempted novel in high school was a sci-fi fantasy, but I wasn't into it and the book didn't want to get written so I stopped after about 180 pages (writing it seemed to impress the chicks, though). This one's about 280 total (which is a decent length for initially getting published) and though it may sound like genre work with the terrorist-cult angle it's really more about personal character issues and so I'd classify it as literary fiction.

Stick with it - it took me two years to do this and I was amazed when it was finally done as I have such a short attention span. Getting it published when you don't know somebody or aren't famous is the hard part, so hopefully you enjoy the process of writing. I recommend writing something that you feel strongly about (not saying you aren't) as even if it doesn't get published you have something you can be proud of. Plus I think honesty over intended marketability will more likely lead to sales, even if it may just be a strong cult following. It's great therapy - I know it helped me out.

Sorry to make this all about me.

Steve
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Hey Steve, mail me off a few chapters and maybe a link to where i can purchase it.

I seem to have one of the most laid-back IT jobs ever, they pay isn't even close to par for the title, but it's for a University, so what can you expect. The commercial world kills more people than it saves...

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

....it's a texas thing where if I don't get any tickets on my record for the next 3 months, the current ticket gets dismissed......
In WA you have to wait a year. Not only that, when they offer you traffic school they treat it as a deferment, and you can only do it once every 7 years, at least in Eastern Washington!!!!!

In California, the traffic school can be repeated once every 18 months!

The courts are a painin the arse. I Totally can't stand any highway speed limit that is under 60 either, especially when you know that a grandma could drive safely on them at faster speeds. :)

My one rant of the Northwest for now.

-Ryan
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

My one rant of the Northwest for now.
You don't want to get me started on rant's about the NW ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

LOL, being you lived here for a while you probably have a whole more to say than me. I'm trying to be nice to the state, especially since I may find myself with a job here next month. Man I'm going to miss Cali if that happens.
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I grew up in that area.......I'm not a big fan of cali either.....but that's another issue :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

I like Cali, the cops have been real nice to me there. Sacramento Cops are pretty laid back, they realize were the "bigger-fish-to-fry" come into play.

Although California itself isn't as pretty as the northwest, I can't believe I used to think that california was green. :)
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That's funny about Cali being green! I thought the same thing before I went there and found all the grass was a less pleasant brown. Sure isn't the Green Mts. on the way to Lime Rock.

Steve