Whats YOUR definition of the word "Clean"? part 2

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

Whats YOUR definition of the word "Clean"? part 2

Post by Redlined »

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/189523498.html

Car is "very well reconditioned" except the dent in the rear quarter, AND the hood, AND the front bumper, AND the break rotors....
Dave

Post by jnorion »

What about the rotors?
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

The front rotors need to be replaced, warping
Though he does say he will replace them, he thinks the buyer should do an upgrade instead.
Dave

Post by Tleg93 »

But...they're just rotors.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
jnorion
Third Gear

Post by jnorion »

Are we looking at the same car? I just read over it twice, and I see nothing about rotors. Or did it get edited or something? Or maybe I'm going insane...? :?
I need a truck for work, that's why I'm selling. Specifically 1990-1995 Toyota Ex-cab 4x4 4cyl 22RE 5-speed. If you have one, good or bad, I'd like to talk to you about a trade. Clean and clear titles only, No Salvage, No 3L V6's. Landcruisers FJ-40 45 55's considered.

If you would like to buy the car here's the goods:

Black on Black Leather, AT, 148k or so I drive it daily, Moon roof, Keyless Entry, PW, PL, Sony head unit ($400) ninja install to keep it from growing legs, pioneer cab speakers, 10" sub/amp . Flip down rear seat backs, I can fit three people (inlcuding driver) and their gear inside the car to shred Hood.

New KYB Struts and Whiteline Control Springs. ($700)
New IPD Adjustable Rear Sway Bar and Metal End Links with Poly Bushings. ($150)
I do not consider these mods, but upgrades. It rides like it should.

Just did 4layer head gasket update (from previous 3layer update), Heads cleaned up by reputable machine shop, Cam and Crank Sensor update, Timing belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Hose Clamps and all associated gaskets yadda yadda New fluids all around besides the diff. All Genuine Subaru parts installed including spark plugs that cost $14 a pop! ($750 in parts alone)
It just went in for an alignment and rotate/balance of the tires.

The body has one butt print from a dum bass ex-co-worker in the rear passenger quarter and an SUV butt print in the front from parking lot stupidity, not mine. Its minor. I've been quoted $900 to fix it all (that's the average of the quotes, inlcuding new hood).

Kelley Blue book says: Private Party
Excellent $5740
Good $5195
Fair $4505

Forgetting the body, it is very well reconditioned for sale, way above what a dealer would do.

$5740 -$ 900 = $4840 obo

Serious people that do their market research only please!
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Eh, I wouldn't rag on him. He never claimed it was clean, unless I read it wrong. The price he's asking is pretty much the blue book for "fair condition", which seems reasonable.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

6th paragraph down in the add

It just went in for an alignment and rotate/balance of the tires. --The front rotors need to be replaced, warping--, I'll do it if you want, but if you knew what was good for ya you'd do the H6 brake upgrade. If you just want them replaced, that's easy, but not as much fun.

Seems to be edited in the bit you quoted.

The guys price is near "good" blue book condition and the car is well used and has obviously been hard driven, by what appears to be a teenage/young male.

*shrug* to each his own. Im sure some will find the vehicle worth the price, especially with all the mods.
Dave
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

with earlier subarus a hard driven car doesn't necessarily mean anything. Providing it's been well cared for and loved (which it looks as though this one has been) the car should be just as if not more reliable than the one driven by a 45 year old woman.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]